Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heidi16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:00 PM
    How much do I need to lose?
    OK I'm am a 16 year old girl into sports but I weight 220 pounds and I'm starting to get into running and losing weight but I don't know how much weight I need to lose and I don't know what else to do I want to be able to look good in a bikini and not be afraid of undressing in front of people so I need tips and advice
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:06 PM

Don't worry so much about how many pounds you need to lose. Focus more on continuing to exercise. And make sure you are eating healthy. Even if you get into really great shape, you may still be heavy simply because muscle weighs more than fat. And as for not being afraid of undressing in front of people, that has little if anything to do with weight. That's all about self esteem and self confidence. I've been in the locker room a million times. I still couldn't tell you where a single woman's stretch marks were or if anyone looked fat with their clothes off or anything else. I'm focusing on getting myself dressed, not what everyone else looks like. I assume that everyone else is the same (I have no proof that everyone is, but I'd rather assume that than assume they are staring at me lol)
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:43 PM

M'dear, it's not about pounds it really comes down to inches. Exercising tends to builds muscle, so you may not go down to 110 but you could be at 125 and be toned and look fantastic.

Get a measuring tape and start looking at how many inches you are losing per week or even monthly.

Keep up with your exercise, drink water, and make sure you are getting proper nutrition.

You've made a great decision for yourself, pat yourself on the back.

You may not see results as fast as you'd like but that is OK and it is normal!

Congrats!

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to not lose her? [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are currently broken up and it was me who broke up with her. In the beginning we spent so much time together and it was complete bliss. Then we started settling down and there was all of a sudden a need for space. This is after six months. She has a lot of grave problems in life...

Lose Yourself [ 3 Answers ]

I need some help on writing essays. I always include way too much detail and the original meaning of my print is lost in the clutter. I was wondering if anyone had a method for cutting down on the detail, but still keeping the essay itself interesting. Thanks!:eek:

Lose Yourself [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lose it? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 years old and weigh the most I have ever in my life. I am currently at 150. I am curious to know if anyone knows any free dies to help give me a jumpstart. I would love to lose 20 pounds. Any ideas? Please let me know!:D

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

View more questions Search