Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kesare09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Chemistry: conversions
    1. A recipe for applesauce requires 3.0 cups of apple juice. You only have a metric measuring cup—how many liters of apple juice do you need?(You also know that 1 quart=4 cups, and that 1 L=1.057 quarts)

2.If an experiment requires 50 grams of Boron and you have a carton of Boron that weighs 13 lbs, how many times can you run the experiment? (You know that 1 kilogram=2.205 lbs, and 1000 g=1 kilogram)

3. A sample of plastic contains 70% carbon by weight. How many grams of carbon are in 0.75 lbs. of the plastic? (Use conversion factors from previous problems to solve this.)

4. You work in a factory that makes chocolate chip cookies. Your cookies contain 18% by weight chocolate chips. If your boss tells you that yesterday, the factory used up 300 lbs. of chocolate chips, how many kilograms of cookies did the factory make? (Again, use conversion factors from previous questions to help you here.)
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 12:20 PM

Try google's conversion utility

Let me google that for you - Liters to Quarts

If you have trouble, just use unit analysis:

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 08:49 PM

And by the way, is it really chemistry? I see it more like math.

Just saying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solving for Conversions [ 3 Answers ]

There are 2.60 1015 short tons of oxygen in the atmosphere (1 short ton = 2000 lb). How many metric tons of oxygen are present (1 metric ton = 1000 kg)?

Conversions ? [ 1 Answers ]

If 25 micro litres, 40 mM of a substance, what would it be in nmol?

Density and conversions for chemistry. [ 1 Answers ]

I don't understand to to start these problems out.. Please help!! Here they are: The density of CCL4(carbon tetrachloride) is 1.58 g/mL. What is the mass of 95.7 mL CCL4? What is the volume of 227g of olive oil if its desity is 0.92 g/mL? If you have an explanation or telling me how you...

Chemistry: Mol conversions [ 1 Answers ]

I am a chemistry student and having trouble comprehending mols. One of my homework/study questions is as follows: "How many zinc ions are present in 30.5g of Zn2 P2 O7 ?" I have tried to work out the answer and cannot figure out how do to do it. Thanks!

Chemistry:Moles and conversions [ 1 Answers ]

how many moles are in 5.6 x 10^26 molecules of trisulfer pentachloride? how many moles are in 56 g of aluminum chromate? how many grams are in 6.9 miles of hydrogen gas? how many grams are in 2.4 x 10^21 atoms of neon? how many liters are in 5.6 moles of bromine?

View more questions Search