Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marley2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2009, 04:16 PM
    Tub faucet handle won't stay tight
    I just took off my tub faucet and handles to work on the wall. When I reattached the handles, the COLD handle won't stay tight. I have to re-tighten the screw when I turn the water off. What do I need to do wo it works right? Confused:ds
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Perhaps you started the screw in cross threaded so it won't tighten the knob. Unscrew it and try again. Tom
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2009, 10:34 PM

U could also use 'loctite' on threads.

Use it on my rifle sight mounting screws

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handle does not stay up on kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

After turning the handle to the off position on my kitchen sink, it does not stay up and gradually moves to the on position and the water comes back on. I have tried to tighten the tiny screw in the only hole visible, but with no luck. Help please.

Stitches won't stay tight [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I have a Euro Pro X Model # 9120 sewing machine, the stitches won't stay tight even after turning the tensioner knob on top. We also sent it out for repair and maintenance,after a few dresses the problem appeared again. Any Advice?PS the machine is only about two years old!

Ways to stay tight [ 9 Answers ]

I wear tampons sometimes on aand off my period to stay tight along with kegal exercises. So far its been doing the job. Does anyone know if this is safe or not?

Moen Handle Won't Stay Tight [ 22 Answers ]

I have a MOEN single handle tub/shower faucet model 82000/2300. No matter how tight I try to get the set screw for the handle, within a couple of weeks it starts to loosen. I have had this problem since it was installed about 6 yrs ago. Is there anything I can do to keep it from working loose so...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search