Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medic0418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 06:55 PM
    Texas judgements
    I went to civil court about a doctor bill which came about on a wreck, I was paying the bill the best I could every month, the judge sided with the doctor clerk, and I got a judgement , for the entire bill, I was paying on it and the judge did not take in what I had already paid, what can this judgement do to me, my home is homestead , old car, the judge said I could appeal this in 10 days,, to a higher court,, so what happens to me?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 07:02 PM

We need to move this to legal. You posted in an area reserved for help with how this forum operates.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 07:03 PM

I guess the problem is you don't understand the law.

1. it does not matter if you were trying to pay to the court if you were not paying enough to satisfy the lender.

What does matter is only one thing

A. Do you owe the money, and did you pay it according to the terms of the loan ( or billing)

If you were in default, only a written payment agreement that the company will agree to is valid.

So they have a right to sue you for the money.

This helps ruin your credit, and can remain in force, with renewal for 20 years.

They can not garnish your pay in Texas, but I think they can get your bank accounts.

So in court, your only defense is it is paid, or you don't owe it, short of that they will win
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2009, 07:04 PM
    Already moved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I lived in NY and NJ and Texas, I lived in Texas for longest period. More background: [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have several questions regarding how taxes were taken out of my paycheck. First some background: A) I lived in NYC from July 14 - October 5 (Just short of 3 Months) B) I lived Jersey City, NJ from October 5 - November 7 (1 Month) C) I lived in Fishkill, NY from November 7 -...

Texas Judgements & Homesteads [ 1 Answers ]

Bank filed & recd judgement in 1989 or early 1990 for a 1986 transaction. Original bank no longer exists. The bank changed owners and name in 1996. The only thing I have is my homestead, can they collect after this length of time if I sell or die and leave it to my children?

Judgements in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

My Question: I have received 3 letters saying three different judgements for unpaid credit card debt , has been placed . I would like to know what can they do to me ? I own my home with a little equity in it ? But been told I live in Texas they can't touch that . (`Was I told wrong?...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

View more questions Search