Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pat300 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 12:58 PM
    Injector fuse
    Is there a fuse for the fuel injector for a 1989 buick centry?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2009, 01:15 PM

Yes, but I don't know which it is. Here's how to test all under hood and under dash fuses:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Fuel injectors are very reliable. If your car doesn't start, the odds are 90%+ that it's electrical related, not fuel. Prime candidates are Ignition Control Modules (ICMs) and coil packs.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 9, 2009, 07:52 PM

BE VERY CAREFUL HERE!
    With the key in the run position, check for continuous power on the PNK/WHT wire at the injector.
    The fuel injectors ground side is controlled (pulsed) by the Engine Control Module (ECM)
    If your not getting injector pulse, you should verify that the ECM "sees" ignition pulse/engine RPM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Silverado fuel injector? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 96 silverado with a v8 305 vortec engine. I had problems with the fuel pressure and had the fuel pump replaced. The mechanic hooked up the computer and said that everything was working fine. About 10 days later my truck started acting funny again. When I am driving the whole truck...

ECU fuse and turn/reverse signal fuse problems [ 3 Answers ]

He, I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX Hatchback and has had electrical problems since the day I got it. This sh*t sucks. First, it was the ignition that kept burning up and I went through 3, and found the solution. Fixed that problem and now, there's another. The ECU fuse in the engine bay keeps blowing...

Injector Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have an upstairs bathroom and one in the basement. I just had an injector pump installed in the basement as we have a septic system. Twice now I was washing cloths and after the third load the pump went on to drain at the same time and there was an explosion of water where the washing machine...

Toilet w Injector pump ? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi-I had a powder room installed in an addition w a toilet w an injector pump. Initially it caused backflow into basement sink. A plumber added a check valve under bsmt sink and corrected this problem. But secondary issue is that when flushed a few times the Kitchen sink-located on main floor as is...

View more questions Search