Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beccaw94 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Big blood clots in periods
    Hey I am 14 years old, I am quite small, and thin so I don't eat that much; I have had periods for just over a year now (I think) and just recently I have been getting really big blood clots this has just started to happen, I don't want to go see a doctor or a G.P please help :confused: :(
    ineedanswers123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 10:21 AM

It all depends on how big they are. Like sometimes I will get them as big as the size of a quarter.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:01 AM

It does depend on the size. Its common for some clotting. The question is are you sexually active, how big are the clots, and are you getting abdominal pain along with it.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2009, 11:55 AM

If they are big enough for you to worry about they are big enough for you to go to the doctor about. It may be normal or you may have one or more medical conditions. All of which would need to be diagnosed and treated by a doctor. You cannot be diagnosed here, only advice!
    SuperDry18 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 08:50 AM

I think that blood clots are completely normal, especially at your age when your body is drastically changing.

If they are REALLY big and you think that you should see a doctor because you are really worried then you should.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2009, 01:45 AM
    I don't think that blood clots are necessarily normal. Any unusual bleeding, clots or discharge need to be seen by a doctor.

You will have to get used to seeing a doctor about 'female' things, so you may as well start now. Don't ignore things your body is doing that are unusual - get into the habit of having them looked at - you'll be happer, healthier and less worried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lengthy Periods and Some blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I have had my period since I was 10 years old. I have never really had a 'normal' period. I never really know when I am going to get it except for my lower back starts to hurt really bad. I will go two months with out and one month with it. So far I have had my period for 3 weeks and my back was...

Heavy Periods, Blood Clots, and on the PILL [ 2 Answers ]

I been on the PILL since Feb. 26, 2008. I'm experiencing heavy periods and releasing large blood clots. Why is this happening, if the PILL is suppose to control all these symptoms? I'm VERY anemic and the PILL seems not to work. Why even bother being on the PILL? It's a WASTE of my MONEY. ...

2 periods back to back with large blood clots! [ 6 Answers ]

I have just stared yet another period after just ending one 5 days ago. I had major pain with the last one, I have never had that kind of pain before. Now with this period I just found an extremely large blood clot. Although it looked more like tissue then an actual bllod clot. What could this be...

View more questions Search