Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ledflind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2009, 04:05 PM
    Paying off credit card debt
    Are companies like Debt Settlement Services legit companies or a rip off? I have several high interest credit cards and can no longer afford the payments due to serious illness of family members
    Psychic1 Posts: 17, Reputation: -2

Jun 3, 2009, 09:45 AM

Yes they are they do the same thing that you could do yourself if you called the credit card companies and worked out an arrangement. Please don't spend your money on that my mother my mother had done it and wasted $1000.
    Psychic1 Posts: 17, Reputation: -2

Jun 3, 2009, 09:49 AM
    You may want to consider, getting just one Credit card and consolidate your debts. Many companies offer that, and you would probably pay a lower interest rate depending on your credit history. Where you would get one big credit card and for signing up with them they would pay your other debts and you would be paying one big credit card bill. Instead of three different bills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal timeframe for paying back credit card debt [ 4 Answers ]

I owed a debt on a credit card dating back to the year 1995 can a collection agency now legally force me to repay the debt

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Legal timeframe for paying back credit card debt [ 8 Answers ]

Does a creditor have a leag standing to bring suit against me to pay a debt where there has been no activity on the account for roughly 5 years

1099 C - Paying Taxes on Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I need to pay taxes on money I owe a credit card company? When I was making payments of $300 dollars , I never received a 1099. I am working with a Debt Management company to pay off my debt credit card companies. I finally was able to pay off over $700 settlement to one of my Credit Cards....

View more questions Search