Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    say cheese Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Scary thunderstorms?
    When I was younger, thunderstorms used to scare me. Now, I think lightning is pretty and the sound of thunder is just a way to tell how close the storm is. Why aren't they scary to older people when a lot of kids freak out?
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Jun 2, 2009, 12:23 AM

Thunderstorms are like your frens standing behind a wall, waiting for you to pass so they can say BOO,, strangely, only kids and animals are scared,, may be this is because they do not expect it,,,
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2009, 01:10 AM

I still think thunderstorms are scary!!

I like watching lightening out the window (Love fork lightning), but the thunder really bothers me. Strange considering it's the lightning that hurts you, not the thunder!

I refuse to drive in a thunderstorm, I have called in sick to work before because I couldn't bring myself to drive there :p
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2009, 10:02 PM
    I love thunderstorms and I don't remember being scared of them when I was little.:confused:

I was from Chicago and now in California where you might get a good one every 2 years.:(

Every time we have any kind of weather, my husband and I stand in the garage and watch it with awe:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suggestions for scary movies;'proper' scary [ 18 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a really scary movie - really scary, the kind that you can't sleep for days(or maybe just one day.. ) after watching. I haven't really watched many but I've realized that most of which I watch are more.. well, funny than scary. So, I'd really like suggestions for...

Evening thunderstorms [ 3 Answers ]

Normally I see thunderstorms to have an updraft and a downdraught. Here is my question, do the storms in the afternoon on a warm humid day need a downdraught or dose the whole cloud rain?

Dogs and thunderstorms [ 2 Answers ]

Why is it that people say to stay away from dogs during thunderstorms?

Scary sex [ 5 Answers ]

When me and my husband are having sex I start to bleed. We have sex on a regular basis and he is not rough and I'm starting to worry. What should I do?

Thunderstorms? [ 5 Answers ]

For over 20 years I faithfully turned my computer off during thunder storms. Even with surge protectors, I dreaded having my computer fried anyhow. I am sure my old Color Computer had a real on/off switch. I really question it with modern computers and monitors that have always on circuitry...

View more questions Search