Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkhawk18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Stepparrent adoption in Florida for an abandoned child.
    My daughter is 9 years old and her father has never seen her spoken to her and refuses to take a paternity test. He has never paid child support and there is no court orders of any kind against him or from him. I contacted him through myspace and he said that thing doesn't exist and doesn't care what happens. He closed his myspace account and now I can't find him to give his rights up. My husband wants to adopt her. My ex has pretty much abandoned her for over 9 years. Since while I was pregnant he wasn't around. How can my husband adopt her under Florida state laws?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 05:54 PM

He can not refuse to take a DNA test ordered by the court.. So you obviously did nothing, you never filed for custody, never filed for child support. So the child is not abandoned, you have the child, he has never been ordered to pay support so he is not even behind on that.

He will have to be contacted though court, ordered to take a DNA test and sign over his rights.

I am sure he could be found following the court requirements

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Paying Child Support to mom who abandoned child [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to be brief... My 17 year old daughter chose to live with her mom 100% of the time a year and a half ago. My ex drug me through the court system fighting for an increase in my child suport even though I was still paying her (through automatic deduction from my pay check) for my daughter...

My ex abandoned us and now he wants to have sometime to do with our child. [ 2 Answers ]

I was never married to my ex, but we had a child together. While I was pregnant he never wanted me there and kicked me and the baby out when she was 6 weeks old. He didn't talk to us until she was ten months old. He decided then that he wanted something to do with her, after I filed for support...

Adoption with out fathers consent in Florida while father is in jail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who is in jail. He was pretty wild for a while but has straightened up and works for us on a work release program. He has 3 more months to serve for violation of probation of driving with no license(on a old charge)and then he is done. Soon after he went to jail he found out his ...

Abandoned cars on property I own in Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have two cars that have been left on my property after the tenants moved out. I have tried to contact them, but the forwarding number has been disconnected. I believe these cars have been abandoned and plan to have them removed. Are these cars now my property and can I sell them? The former...

View more questions Search