Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tman1408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Eviction process
    My brother and I moved into a single family home in 2004. In 2006 I went to prison for 2.5 years but my brother kept the house. Upon my release I returned to the house. And for the past 5.5 months I been livng in the house. My brother moved out about 2 weeks ago. And I haven't paid the rent and now the landlord say that I have to be out by 12pm tomorrow. Can she do that? Also we received a letter from landlords bank in February saying that the house was about to go into foreclosure because she was 5000.00 behind. Isn't it against the law for her to be accepting rent if the property is in distress? I am in orlando Florida.
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

May 26, 2009, 09:51 PM
    There are the steps for legally processing evictions in the State of Florida
    At the link below:

Guidelines for Florida Residential Eviction

You might check with an attorney in your area in regard to
    The implications involved with the house going into or being in
    Foreclosure.
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:18 PM

Not sure if you are still in the house, but if the mortgage is in default and the landlord was taking your money... I would stay!

Is the home listed for sale? Does the owner have a buyer for the home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know If I'm served with a 3 day notice. I've been paying my rent on time every month. However, I lost my social security and can not pay my rent for this month. I do have a security deposit I paid when I first moved in. How long will I have to stay until I have to move. Can I stay on my...

Eviction process [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if the laws are different for evicting a tenant out of an owner occupied two unit in NY.

When is the eviction process necessary? [ 2 Answers ]

My tenant moved three loads of her property out and then informed me I had to evict her because she is going to leave some of her stuff there. She owes back rent and has broken her lease in other ways also. If her stuff is there, but she is not living there, do I have to go through the eviction...

Eviction process [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to evict a tenant for non payment of rent and understand Florida law but what happens to the tenant's property not removed by the date the tenant can't come back on the property... Jim

Can someone tell me what is the whole eviction process [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict someone who is not a tenant and refuses to leave the property in the State of California.

View more questions Search