Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ElderStubbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2009, 09:13 PM
    Payroll Deductions
    I live in Florida, I am self-employed. I want to calculate how much taxes to deduct from my weekly check. I want to start paying taxes quartly. I do not want to wait for my 1099 to pay taxes.

How do I calculate the withdrawals? I am married with 1 child (18 years old, but she works). My wife is not employed.
    FIFTYFIVE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2009, 06:45 PM

As a single person making $9.00 hr at 40 hrs a week, what would be my take home pay?
    dawgsnkats Posts: 130, Reputation: 7

May 29, 2009, 07:01 AM

Elder, withhold from your check these rates and you should be covered. FICA 15.3% on the first $107,000 you make. For Medicare 1.45% of everything you make. You can claim your child still as long as she lives with you and you provided more than half of her support. I would file Married with 3 exemptions. Use the calculator at this site for that answer: IRS Withholding Calculator Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Payroll deductions [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me where I would go to find out if my employer is actually paying the deductions that they are taking out of my checks? Thank you

Payroll Deductions [ 1 Answers ]

I started working about 2 months ago. After working for one week I was told that I get paid monthly. My first paycheck was for 670.00 for about one week. My second paycheck was for a complete month. My gross pay was 3240.00 for the whole month. I claimed married and 9 dependents. My total...

View more questions Search