Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plesslane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Home Foreclosure
    How long can I stay in my home in Michigan once foreclosure begins
    ForeclosureHelp Posts: 16, Reputation: -1

Jun 8, 2009, 04:31 PM

Why don't you work with the banks to do a loan mod? They are now offering interest only loans for 3-5 years at low interest rates.

If you don't want the house, you could always sell it & I am sure since you are in Michigan that your mortgage loan is upside down?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 8, 2009, 04:47 PM

Under new federal law enacted last month you have 90 days.
    crm042 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 10:36 PM

As stated in the previous thread, you can apply for a loan modification or try to arrange a repayment plan. Please note the difference between the two.

The loan modification alters your original mortgage agreement; be careful, it can be very costly in the long run, so be clear on what is offered if you choose to go down that route. It most cases you will only repay the interest on the loan for a set number of years, after which you will start repaying the capital.

Alternatively, why not arrange a repayment plan? The bank will assess your income and expenditure and will require evidence of this. An affordable monthly payment that is usually a lot lower that what you normally pay, is likely to be the outcome.

Keep your house, don't lose it - comes what may.

Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home equity loan with home now going into foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Michigan and a couple of years ago I took out a $60,00 home equity loan. With my home now going into foreclosure and me filing for personal bankruptcy, what happens to my home equity loan?

Home Foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

I have actually set up a payment agreement with my mortgage company and when I fist set it up I sent in my monthly payments like I was scheduled to. Then in Feb. *3 months later* they contacted me stating they didn't have all the signature papers and they sent the money back well so I faxed the...

Foreclosure on the 2nd home [ 3 Answers ]

I live in California and thinking of returning my second home back to the bank because it will cause me nore money to sell . Can they run after my primary home that I'm living in right now?

View more questions Search