Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shurbano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
    Feeding & time
    How much food to give 6 mo old & every 4 hours?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 18, 2009, 05:24 PM

This is a question to be answered by your Doctor.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 19, 2009, 04:29 AM

Generally, it will depend on baby's weight, are they taking in a fair amount of solid foods yet or just breastmilk or formula? As JudyKayTee said, check with your doctor if you are unsure from the cues baby is giving you. Baby's doctor may have a specific reason they want you to offer more or less.

Every four hours can be fine as long as they are getting what they need in that time. Rough guide is about 24-32 ounces a day... again it will depend on how much solid food they may be having. Their milk should still be the main source of nutrition, so they should be having more milk than solids for awhile longer yet. This will gradually change as the first year progresses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pros/Cons of Breast feeding vs. Formula feeding. [ 9 Answers ]

I have heard that if you don't breast feed your baby will have an unhealthy immune system (although I am pretty healthy, and was bottle fed), and I have also heard horror sotries about breast feeding. What are good vs. bad of breast feeding/bottle feeding?:D:D

Dog Feeding [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just got a German Shepherd about 8 weeks old. I brought him four days ago to my home. He was initially eating OK and was finishing his meal at least once out of three meals he gets. But now since yesterday he is not finishing the same amount of food that he is getting. ...

Feeding a pup [ 36 Answers ]

I've read so many things online about how many times to feed a pup and how much water to give them. Mine is 7 weeks old and it's a small breed dog-pom. Does anyone know? Right now I am feeding him 3x a day and leaving water out all the time. Is this okay? Too much?

Feeding time [ 2 Answers ]

Okay here is the deal. I love my wife so very very much. The problem is when I am trying to do something like feed our son, she has to come in and take over the situation. Today I had my son eating his lunch. He was saying he did not want to eat his hot dog. I told him for each piece of hot...

View more questions Search