Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babybabylie2289 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Addicted to lying
    My child is a pleaser and will tell me what I want to hear to please me rather than tell the truth. We have spoken so many times about trust. My child is my world and I can't bear the lies any more. They aren't huge lies, but huge enough to me -- like telling me getting great grades in school and then the report comes in an the grades are failing or just; that he cleaned his room for hours and nothing touched, going to help someone move and goes golfing --- etc. It breaks my heart. I am not a nagging mom, but a friend. How do I get him to stop. He knows it's a problem -- he says he just wants to please and make me happy. I tell him over and over that I just want the truth and no matter what it is, it will please me.
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

May 15, 2009, 02:09 PM

Sounds like you have some poor boundaries. If he sees you as more of a friend than a parent he could get codependent and try to be taking care of you. That's not his responsibility. I would suggest reading up on parenting and boundaries. I would also suggest punishing him for lying rather than showing him that you are hurt by it. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AM I a HOE or addicted to sex [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know sometimes I just feel so unloved like no one cares or thinks about me. Sometimes I feel beautiful and other times I feel like crap. Its my senior year and I am always alone. I really don't have any friends and am scared to trust people because I'm afraid to get hurt. I turn to sex most...

Lying on Federal complaint answer, lying to EEOC [ 1 Answers ]

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Indiana/federal I am suing a govt. agency. They lied profusely in EEOC investigation. I couldn't prove it then. Got copy of investigation record and then KNEW I could prove a few lies, trust me on that. I filed the complaint in fed. Court...

Addicted to gum? [ 18 Answers ]

I know this sounds stupid and not a real addiction like crack, but I am addicted to gum. With the orbit packs that hold 14, I had 6 packs in less than 20 minutes. I don't know why I just can't have one piece at a time and chew it for a long period. Suggestions?/

Addicted to lying really bad [ 36 Answers ]

So basically I can't not lie. Even the most trivial stuff that can be answered honestly I lie. I have no idea why. The worst part is nowadays I can't figure out what's truth and what's lies. I mean I know if I'm telling one sometimes but this is seriously affecting mine and my girlfriends...

Am I addicted? [ 46 Answers ]

I tried marijuana like a month ago and ever since then I could not stop. I buy it every chance I get. Does that mean I'm addicted?

View more questions Search