Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lstaley25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Cement Board on a Wall
    I am in the process of putting up cement board on a wall in the basement because I'm having a wood burning stove put in. Anyone know what I use for taping, if at all because I will be covering in with brick or stone?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2009, 04:10 PM

Are you asking for a fire taping or screwing the cement board onto a block wall.

Tap Cons would work on a block wall

Fire Caulk would fill in seems.

Posting some basics on wood stove install.

FireStop caulk, mortor, mineral wool, pillows and pads Shipped Fast

NASD: Wood Stove Installation and Operation

NASD: Proper Installation, Operation and Maintenance of a Wood Stove

http://www.epa.gov/Compliance/resour...tifiedwood.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green board sheet rock VS cement board for show wall backing [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if the green sheet rock will do just as well as cement board for installing in a show that I'm planning on tiling?

How to support a load bearing wall, need engineer, cement wall [ 3 Answers ]

I want to remove about 6 feet from an interior wall. The rafters run parallel with the wall but the reason I think it's load-bearing is because one of the trusses rests on the middle of the wall with a lateral x across it. I have existing pictures and a drawing of "the existing" and what is...

Wall not square around new bathtub, can I shim cement board? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I just installed an acrylic tub and now have to put the cement board up. My problem is that the back and right walls are fine but on the left side the wall is not square. The front corner touches the studs, but there is a gap that gradually gets up to almost 3/8" in the back corner. One...

Shower wall materials-Cement Backer Board or Drywall [ 3 Answers ]

I have a debate going on regarding whether one should use cement backer board or waterproof drywall on the shower walls before installing the ceramic tile. What is most commonly used in the industry? Looking forward to your answers :p

What insulation do you put between the cement board and the masonary wall [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a new bathroom where the tub is on an exterior wall. The wall is masonary and I will be using cement board. However, what do I use between the cement board and the masonary wall. Also, is it o.k to use regular drywall in the other walls in the bathroom, or should I use a special...

View more questions Search