Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jer4jess Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Contacting defendants attorney, desperate
    Hello. I am currently the plaintiff in an out of state custody case. Long story short, my lawer is sucks. He won't return my calls and has done nothing to assist me in my case. Originally I wanted to prove that my daughters mother was unfit, but have realized that my attorney cares not. At this point, I just want to settle so I can see my girls. I contacted my attorney but as usual, bunch of promises and no follow through. So my question is can I and should I attempt to contact her attorney and propose a settlement since my attorney has done nothing in nine months time? At this point, I just want to see my girls, desperately. Thank you.
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2009, 09:16 PM

The mom's attorney is NOT permitted to talk with you about the case while you are represented. This is a very strict rule of professional conduct that every state in the US has. Amongst attorneys, to violate this rule is a cardinal sin with a capital S.

So don't bother even trying to do this.

Now, having said that, the solution to your problem is easy. Fire your worthless attorney, have him officially substitute out of the case by signing and filing with the court a substitution of attorney, and thereafter you can speak with the mom's attorney about the case to your heart's content.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Answer complaint-broken lease-2 defendants [ 2 Answers ]

I need to answer a complaint for a sum owed against a broken lease. The lease was signed by myself and another person. I never lived at the residence in question, only the other person did. The other person broke the lease and now we are both being sued. The lease was broken three years ago. I...

What MUST I provide to the defendants before trial? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a pretrial conference re: my lawsuit against an association for damage to my car. So far, things are looking good for me as we go forward to a trial (the defendants/attorney were encouraged by the mediator to make an offer, but they refused). I am alone in this, as I have no attorney. My...

Why is he still contacting me? [ 5 Answers ]

I know I am going to get the 3rd degree over this. I am a very confident person but when it comes to relationships I sometimes feel like I am being walked all over. I am the first to tell my friends "you teach people how to treat you"... o.k. now for the story Met my ex over a year ago....

Should I keep on contacting my ex [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on a break with my ex for a month she said she just wasn't ready for a serious relationship like we were having she is 22 I'm 28 we have been together 3 1/2 years. I have been in contact with her I am the one who has been calling and messagig noing that is wrong she still seems a bit...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search