Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Innie Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2008, 08:08 AM
    What MUST I provide to the defendants before trial?
    I had a pretrial conference re: my lawsuit against an association for damage to my car. So far, things are looking good for me as we go forward to a trial (the defendants/attorney were encouraged by the mediator to make an offer, but they refused). I am alone in this, as I have no attorney.

My question is this:

Do I have to provide any and all documents that are requested by the defendants and their attorney? I've done some research regarding this, and I only found that I must provide them with any documents that I used to FILE. That would be the estimate for repair only. That is the only thing that I attached to my form. The defendants are asking me for more (photos, my insurance coverage and policy #, police report, etc.). What should I do? Do I really have to help them build a good case for themselves? If I must, I must... but I surely hope that I don't have to. By the way, this is in the state of Florida.

Thank you in advance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2008, 08:13 AM
    They are entitled to anything that may be presented as evidence during the trial.

Feb 5, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    They are entitled to anything that may be presented as evidence during the trial.
    They are entitled, but am I required to provide it by law?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 5, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Yes, that's what entitled means.

Feb 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    yes, that's what entitled means.
    Smart answer... thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex doesn't want to provide... [ 2 Answers ]

My "ex" has been "starting a business" for about 4 years now. As you can imagine- he has not been consistent paying child support during this time. I'm wondering how to prove his income when I finally take him to court ( I have every reason to believe he is making some sort of money, he travels a...

Can anyone Provide an example of [ 3 Answers ]

An activity the Department of Homeland Security has engaged in that you believe supports it mission and one you do not.:confused:

Rights to a speedy trial and can they keep your legally obtained money until the trial? [ 5 Answers ]

15 months ago the APD(Albany Police Department in Oregon) served a search warrant at our home. We had just gotten a settlement from a major motorcycle wreck my other half was in and had cash in our home. We have documents to prove we had just gotten this money 6 days prior to the search warrant....

Why did the framers provide for amendmnet of the Constitution ? [ 6 Answers ]

Why did the framers provide for amendmnet of the Constitution ? Help me? I really appriciate it !

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search