Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HPN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 05:07 AM
    I loved my best friend, now I need to try to forget her
    I am/ was a freshmen in college. I went to a small division two school and loved every minute of it, but I now transferring schools cause of money. Now when I attended this smaller school I had a best friend. I mean she was perfect. Blonde, southern, played volleyball, loved sports, and was the sweetest person I had ever known. Over the course of the year we automatically clicked with one another and became really close. I never had a friend who was a girl who I was really close to like I was with her. We could tell each other anything. Well I grew to fall in love with her. Yes, I used the term Love, even though we never dated. I would have done anything for this girl, taken a bullet for her, fought for her, etc. In my mind she was perfect. I would spend hours upon hours talking to her on Facebook, in person, or on the phone. Now she had hooked up with one of my close friends, but she was drunk and she had regretted it. So one day I told her how I felt and she came out and said she never saw anyone at the college as more then a friend and that time she did hook up with my friend it was a mistake. SHe still said she wanted to be my friend. ANd our friendship even grew closer after that. But as the weeks passed I couldn't get her off my mind. I wanted to be with her. Hell, my grades suffered because all I could concentrate was on her. SO one night, the 2nd to last weekend I would spend at the college I got very drunk, like completely and utterly hammered and I told her I loved her. After that it became very awkward, I couldn't talk to her even when she tried to talk to me. So after my finals Iw ent to this bar/ club where everyone was going to be to say good bye to everyone. And a group of my friends came up to me and told me she wanted to talk. So we spent 15 minutes talking. She said she knew I was a great guy and that I would find the one, but I told her that the one was her. SHe told me though she was talking to one of my good friends, this kid made sure I didn't die when I was hammered, so I was happy she had found a nice guy. But I still can't get her off my mind. EVery day I see her on Facebook I want to talk to her. I want to call her. I want to text her every day. I don't know how to get her off my mind. SO how do I do it?
    Sahi444 Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2009, 06:48 AM

If her thoughts are so painfull then you have taken a sane path of forgetting her I mean it is stupid to go on about "THER IS NO NEED TO FORGET HER" and all that bull. Had I been in your place I would have taken chances with other women

P.S. I'm a girl
    HPN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2009, 06:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahi444 View Post
    If her thoughts r so painfull then u have taken a sane path of forgetting her I mean it is stupid to go on abt "THER IS NO NEED TO FORGET HER" and all that bull. Had I been in ur place I wud have taken chances with other women

P.S. I'm a girl

WHat do you mean sane path?
    Sahi444 Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

May 12, 2009, 07:03 AM

By sane path I mean at least U don't want to hang on to her and screw your grades and life even more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2009, 07:14 AM

Are there not other things to do beside think of her? Do things with your life that you enjoy (besides getting hammered) and she will fade from memory. You may never completely for get her, or your feelings for her but in time, you will cope better. Right now, those feelings are still fresh. Stay away from her and do other things, and stay off the Facebook, especially when hammered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I ever be loved? [ 6 Answers ]

Will I geta boyfriend anytime soon?

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

Why Would He Tell Her He Loved Her? [ 5 Answers ]

I need an opinion on something. My husband and I have been through hell and continue to go through hell. For many many reasons, I decided to break it off with him and had no communication with him for several weeks. I accidentally picked up the phone before looking at the caller I.D last week and...

He has loved before. [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 2 years told me he has been in love with this other girl back in middle school. After 6 1/2 months me and him split for the first time, when we split they hung out. Well then me and him got back together, He secretly broke up with me for her. He's said he loves me and He's fallen...

I am 34 and have never loved [ 24 Answers ]

I have a girlfriend and the mother of two children, who I think loves me but has never said it. Her actions show this love. I am 34 and I do not think I have ever been in love. I spent the first 15 years of my life being raised by a hard nosed marine, then the next 15 years in the cut throat world...

View more questions Search