Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul reeve Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 10:44 PM
    Confused dating
    Imeet awoman I'm 45 she doesn't seem to mind our age difference she's 34.I meet her through a woman who was 51.I don't think she will be impressed, but she has know idea of my feelings for her friend.Don't get me wrong there are not tight friends,but do I tell her my intentions.The 34 yr old is more open and is not looking at this point for a full blow relationship which is the same as me.It's more like a friend with benefits.We have discussed this and she is very open.She has 2 girls 4 and 6 yrs old.My kids range from 18 to 24.Her kids really like me ,but I don't want them to think of me as a farther figure.I really like this girl and from our conversations she comfortable with this arrangement.WHAT to do.WE have not had sex but that's what's she and I both want.I don't want to loose either 1 as friends.HELP.PAUL
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 6, 2009, 10:29 AM

Sounds like she's got a log of baggage, seeing that she has two kids.

Be patient, if neither of you are looking for a full blown relationship, then just keep talking and getting to know her.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2009, 10:51 AM

What a second which one do you like the 34 or 51 year old?

If you start something up with the 34 year old why would the 51 year old get mad? Does she like you to?

May 6, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    What a second which one do you like the 34 or 51 year old?

If you start something up with the 34 year old why would the 51 year old get mad? Does she like you to?
    Yes The older one wants a relationship.I don't think I am ready for this.There's more to the story.I was shot by the o.p.p in 2007.I'm now dealing with ptsd.And just so you know all charges against me were dropped after 15 months in the superjail in Penetang.But I don't want focu on that .I'm still alive after 2 shots to the chest and for that i.m happy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2009, 01:30 PM

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

You do have quit a story, and I strongly advise you to be honest with them both, and follow the path you think best.

Not fair to have one hanging on, while you do the wild thing with another. That's deceptive, and selfish.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 01:44 PM

Well what I see is that you and the 30 something year old just want a sexual relationship-- which would work out since your both consensual adults.

If you don't want to play "dad" to her kids, then simply don't meet or spend time with them.

If you really want this to happen, set some rules and make sure you both are on the same page about your intentions.

Sarah

May 7, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Yes we are on the same page,but I've heard this beforand right out of know where It's where are we going with relationship.I just finished a 14yr marriage.But hey t you never know unless you try ,I THINK?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paul reeve View Post
    Yes we are on the same page,but i've heard this beforand right out of know where It's where are we going with relationship.I just finished a 14yr marrage.But hey t you never know unless you try ,I THINK?
    Well I can see why you don't want another "serious" relationship.

Tell her that. Be straight forward. Your 45 years old you should be able to approach situations like an adult-- playing by ear is for people that are still learning about life.

Good luck to you!

Sarah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating two guys at the same time(confused) [ 21 Answers ]

I have been dating two guys and they seem very nice and likes me for who I am. My problem is that I don't want to be dating them at the same time for fear that they'll find out about each other. I really like both of them and would like to continue dating them, do you think that I should continue...

I'm so confused about dating ! [ 7 Answers ]

K so I'm going into middle school (I know I'm young) but all the other girls have bfs and I feel left out when they talk about guy stuff Especially the upcoming dances . I'm not ugly (I don't think) but no guys will date me . Wats up ? HELP !:(

Confused, back in the dating scene [ 7 Answers ]

So I just met this guy on Saturday night. My friend set us up forever she had been telling me that this guy and I needed to meet but at the time we were both in relationships. His ended and then shortly after so did mine. He ended up contacting me and we agreed to meet up at a friends house and...

I Am confused about dating [ 1 Answers ]

I am a middle schooler. I didn't know that I liked this girl tell she told me she liked me. Now I am cinfused because I don't know how to date. I have never had a girlfriend before. Help me and give me some tips on dating! A confused middle school boy!:confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search