Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nanu1210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 12:37 PM
    Medigap insurance in TN under 65 if Disabled
    I live in Tennessee I am permanetly disabled since 1994 on SS Disabilty and have Medicare Parts A and B with a present Secondary insurance covering the 20% and my pharmaceticals. I was married for 36 years and last year my husband left me. I am now divorced and presently still on Medicare Parts A and B as my Primary Insurance with my secondary under my ex husband's retirement insurance via COBRA. But when it ceases I learned because I will be under 65 years ( being then 62 years) in Tennessee they have no medigap insurance for someone even who has been qualifiably disabled. Is there anyway under extenuating circumstances that I could qualify for a good medigap insurance to cover the 20% , my co pays and pharmecitcal drugs please. I am really ill and need that coverage before 65 years. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2009, 02:36 PM

Yes there are many good programs for suppliment insurance. Some companies will not do under 62 but many do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Supplemental insurance disabled under 65 [ 2 Answers ]

I am 62 , disabled in a work related accident. I just received my medicare card and I need a supplemental insurance. Can anyone help me? I am a resident of Tennessee.

Has Medicare and VA disability Does he need MEDIGAP? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is covered (will be) under Medicare. He is also covered under VA with a 60 percent disability - (his meds are free). If he loses his cobra, should he get medigap coverage, or is his coverage sufficient?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

View more questions Search