Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmstarks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 07:58 AM
    I have been divorced for 15 months my husband says he was never properly served
    I have been divorced since January 17 2008 collecting alimony for 15 months taken directly out of his check December 18 2008 he filed papers to set aside default judgement due to non service January 15 2008 I received papers from a lawyer in West Virginia stating my ex went to his office with what apppears to be an uncontested divorce the lawyer stated he is unabel to represent my ex the lawyer practices law out of the state of West Virginia the divorce was filen in the state of Michigan I also received child support for three months prior to the divorce we also have the proof of service filed by the process server from West Virginia is there a chance that this divorce will be reopened after a year
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2009, 05:39 PM

Not much chance at all.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 24, 2009, 05:48 PM

Its going to be hard for him to explain why he's been paying for 15 months without protest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Properly served [ 2 Answers ]

In Illinois what does "properly served" mean? Is regular mail, not certified, considered "properly served"?

How long must I be legaly separated from my husband before I can get divorced? [ 10 Answers ]

How long must I be legaly separated from my husband before I can get divorced?

What I properly served? What are my options? [ 37 Answers ]

Live in California. I was not properly served the summons and complaint. One of my creditor's gave a summons and complaint to my mother. On July 4. I received it from my mother. How should I fight this? I need buy as mush time as possible before filling bankruptcy unfortunately, my parents are...

Divorced her husband to date [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who divorced her husband and left her kids just so she can datej other men why would she do this? *** racial comments taken out***

Can I remarry and sponsor, 6 months after I get divorced. I'm a Resident of Canada [ 1 Answers ]

Currently, I am in the process of getting a divorce from my wife. I am a Canadian Permanent Resident Holder (will get my passport in 1 yrs time) but I was told that I have to wait for 3 more years from the day my wife got her residency in order to get remarried. My wife got her PR about a yr...

View more questions Search