Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellabenson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 03:00 PM
    card probability
    standard deck of 52 cards, 2 Draws with No replacement
    What is the probability of drawling to red cards, what is the probabilty of drwling at least one red card
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Using a standard deck of 52 cards, 2 draws without replacing the drawn card.
    1. What is the probability of drawling two red cards.
    There are 26 red cards in the deck. So, the probability of the first card being red is 26/52 or 1/2. If the first card is red, then there are 25 red cards remaining in a deck of 51 cards. So, the probability of drawing a second red card is 25/51.

Using a standard deck of 52 cards, 2 draws without replacing the drawn card.
    2. What is the probabilty of drawing at least one red card
    To figure this out, you have to figure the probability of drawing NO red cards and subtract that from 1 (the total probability).

The probability of not drawing a red card the first time (i.e. drawing a black card) is 1/2 -- just like a red card. The probability of not drawing a red card (i.e. drawing a second black card) is 25/51, just like in the red case. The overall probability is the product of these two probabilities, just like in the red case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start a calling card / phone card business? [ 10 Answers ]

I would like to start a calling card / phone card business with little capital. If anybody knows how to do this please advise me. Any advice welcome.

Probability of selecting a card [ 2 Answers ]

Select a card from the deck. Do NOT replace the card. Select another card. What is the probability that a red three is selected and a face card is selected?

Probability of card and goblets [ 1 Answers ]

1. In poker, an ace-high straight flush consists of the Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of a given suit (i.e. spades, clubs, hearts or diamonds). It is also known as a royal flush and is the highest ranking standard poker hand. What is the probability of randomly selecting five cards that...

Yugioh Trading card Game= Card( Call Of The Earthbound ) [ 4 Answers ]

Is About Yugioh Trading Card Game. When Your Opponent Attack and you activate Call Of the Earthbound And Your Opponent Have Another monster you Can select the other monster as an attack target?? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Card probability [ 2 Answers ]

if I were to pick a card from a standard deck, shuffle and do it 9 more times, what is my probability that at least 2 of the 10 cards I draw are the same?

View more questions Search