Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Apr 14, 2009, 09:26 PM
    Acne problems
    Im getting so sick of not having relatively clear skin. Any suggestions would be awesome, here is what I currently do to TRY to prevent acne:

Shower twice a day and wash my face in the shower with a dove bar and then I use an exfoliating acnefree lotion once in the morning shower.

After school I wash my face at the sink.

I change my pillowcases every 2-3 days, and I change my towel every 2-3 days as well.
    I try to drink as much water as possible. I get around 6-7 hours of sleep on weekdays and then more on weekends. I never touch my face with anything, and I take a one day multivitamins for teen boys. I was also prescribed minocycline 100 mg 6 months ago and have been taking 1 pill a day since. I also have started doing a asprin face mask in addition to everything else. I feel that I have followed EVERY possible rule to getting clearer skin, and yet it still hasn't worked. I do go to a dermatoligist, but he insists that I take the medicine and use retinae daily, but that never worked. So after a few months I switched to my own methods again. But I stiill take the pill.

My acne isn't severe but it's getting worse. Occasionally it will go away for a few days and then all of a sudden I'll get a few pimples, and then some more, and then more as the weeks go on. BUt it hasn't been as bad as it is now since I went to the dermatoligst!

So I'd be grateful for any help!
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Apr 15, 2009, 07:24 AM

What works for me is taking 50mg of Minocycline daily and using proactive. Minocycline is a antibiotic so you won't get the horrible side effects of actual acne medication. Using this pill and washing with proactive my face cleared up completely in a little less than a year. Scars are better and everything. Good luck!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 07:29 AM

I used to have chronic acne and my mum bought me ProActiv... I love it, a lot pricier than most brands but it was well worth it!
    Lajd1996 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 01:43 PM

I have the same problem but my acne cleared up when I used Duac, Vanoixide and Differin.
    Duac helps to stop marks and pimples. Vanoxide is used in the night and quickly makes pimples disappear. Differin takes care of blackheads that are very stubbornI suggest you use Differin 3%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking ugly having acne problems! [ 4 Answers ]

1 year ago i started to strugle with acne on my face specially on my chicks area..it's so embarrasing when I put even the best make-up all over my face to cover all my imperfections and my acne is still too visible.....I'm frustrated!!Help me!!:confused:

Acne Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I used Murad it work for a minute but It break you out before it make you better but it depends how long it works because it work but it eventually stop working on my skin. Now I have a question about Proactiv does it work because I need something that's going to work because prom is coming up...

Acne problems! [ 2 Answers ]

I have such bad acne I get it all on my face and on my back? What should I do? What's the best product out there that WORKS?!

Acne problems [ 2 Answers ]

What are some good ways to get rid of acne

View more questions Search