Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apriljoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 12:03 PM
    How to troubleshoot thermostat?
    I have a Trane air handler and heater my thermostat just quit working (honeywell digital) no power nothing what's some things I can check. I replaced the thermostat with a new one and nothing happened.

Thanks
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Sep 12, 2006, 01:12 PM
    See this thread for some suggestions...
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...t=battery+free
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2006, 01:44 PM
    If you have a volt meter you can check the voltage. If not, and it is 24 volt you can jumper R-G and the fan should run.R-y and A/C should run. If they do not This is an indication that you have no power to the stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s Chev truck, brake light - tail light troubleshoot [ 1 Answers ]

Help me please. Have early 80s chev pu... Front L turn signal light comes on when brake is applied... Seen a few of these on the road... Could this be a chev problem? Or just an electrical problem? Is there an obvious answer? Thanks, David

How do I troubleshoot a light fixture that burns out bulbs too fast? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I've recently run into several cases where a fixture was burning out its bulbs in a matter of weeks, or even days. In one case, I was told that swapping the 60 watt bulb for a 15 watt bulb made it last significantly longer. I'm at a loss as to how to troubleshoot these cases. Where do...

New thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

My old electric baseboard thermostat had 4 wires. The new one I purchased had 2. The electric box had 4. I connected one supply wire to one thermostat wire. I connected one load wire to the other thermostat wire. I connected the remaining supply and load wires together. I didn't blow any circuit...

Help with thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I just turned on the heat for the first time and I noticed that the lights for emergency heat and the Aux heat are on constantly... Its not really cold outside, like the low 60's. Is there something I can do, cause if all that is running, its going to overload my electric bill? Please help ...

Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a Honeywell ct87758A,C to replace an old round, manual Honeywell unit. The old one was taken off without labeling the wires. There is a white, red and gray one. Any idea which one goes with which letter? It only controls the cooling system.

View more questions Search