Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shyne_76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 09:13 AM
    Can a Indian citizen working in the UK on a work permit visit the United States
    Hi

1. Can a Indian Citizen presently working in the UK on a work permit ( valid until September 2010 ) apply for a tourist visa from the US embassy in UK.

2. If anyone has been successful in obtaining a tourist US visa while working in the UK on a work permit, guide me on any additional supporting documents ( other than mentioned on the US embassy website ) required for the success of application.

Thanks in advance...

Shyne
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 12:24 AM

If you maintain legal status in UK, and have a valid visa no less than 6 months, you can apply for visitor's visa at the US embassy in UK. You need to provide proof of resident in UK such as visa, work contract, etc. and financial documents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work permit requirements for a NZ citizen [ 1 Answers ]

I am a New Zealand Citizen and would like to know if I need a work permit to work in the US? If, yes then are the application requirements for me same as for e.g. a person from India or do I get a special consideration because of my new zealand citizenship. Thanking you in anticipation.

Tourest Visa for minor to visit United States from Philippines [ 3 Answers ]

I am an American Citizen currently married to a filipino gal who has a permenent resident visa to stay in the United States. We want to bring our niece, an 11 year old female here from the Philippines and educate her in the United States. Can I bring her into the United States on a tourist visa,...

What are the time limitations of a visa to visit this Country United States? [ 2 Answers ]

How long can a visa from Ghana to the United States be legal before it needs to be updated? Regards, girad1961

Work permit to enter canada from united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a truck driver, but I can't enter canada because I have a felony, however, I have learned that I can obtain a minister permit to enter canada to allow me to work, how do I go about obtaining such a permit Kindly yours, ...

View more questions Search