Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jollyindian74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Work permit requirements for a NZ citizen
    I am a New Zealand Citizen and would like to know if I need a work permit to work in the US? If, yes then are the application requirements for me same as for e.g. a person from India or do I get a special consideration because of my new zealand citizenship.

Thanking you in anticipation.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 29, 2008, 08:56 AM
    As a New Zealand citizen, you can enter US for business and tourism purposes for up to 90 days without a visa, (VWP - visa waiver program).

For people planning to work while in the USA, work visas are required and if you gain employment while on a visitor visa this will breach the conditions of the visa and there is a high risk of arrest and detention.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work permit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am from india I want to work in abrod who to apply work prmit:)

I'm augandan lad with an exceptional ability in football, but I,want to know the soccer credentials an african must have to join any European football team?

Dear sir, Currently I am in the united states from 2004 fall with student visa as a TA and graduate students, my wife came here last year in November with dependent visa.Just before 35 days she gave birth the child in usa. Now I want to know, can I apply for work permit for her and what is the...

View more questions Search