Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 01:51 AM
    Cain & Abel Network Analyzer
    I have downloaded Cain & Abel Network Analyzer. I was wondering if anyone was familiar?

Let me know!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 02:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone was familiar?
    Somewhat, I've played around with certain features.
    Networking Expert

Apr 6, 2009, 09:14 AM

OK, is there a way to kick the hostout of the partyorcertain IP's obtained. Bogdown the network for everyone but myself?

Rick
    Hardware Expert

Apr 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
    I don't think so, at least not in my 2.9 version that's obvious to me, but I haven't updated in awhile. Nothing jumped out at me in the release notes for newer versions either. What portion of the program were you thinking of using for that?
    Networking Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 07:52 AM

I downloaded Net Tools 5. It's an amazing program, along with Cain and Able you can completely control any person that you know if you know the IP.

WHat you can do is obtain the IP's using Cain's sniffer app. Then by using Net Tools 5's app UDP Flooder or eXtreme flooder you can literally lag out just their connection and they'll get booted!

It's fun to play with! Fun to mess with people when you can tell them exactly what city they live in, they don't appreciate that as much as I do!
    Hardware Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Hmm, good luck with that. I hope it is also fun when they show up on your doorstep and cut off your fingers just for kicks.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 10:12 AM
    I downloaded Net Tools 5. It's an amazing program, along with Cain and Able you can completely control any person that you know if you know the IP.

WHat you can do is obtain the IP's using Cain's sniffer app. Then by using Net Tools 5's app UDP Flooder or eXtreme flooder you can literally lag out just their connection and they'll get booted!

It's fun to play with! Fun to mess with people when you can tell them exactly what city they live in, they don't appreciate that as much as I do!
    Very much ethically incorrect. An IT professional would never do this. A lowly script kiddie would.
    Networking Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 11:48 AM

Enough with the ethical lecture needkarma. I'm sure you're far from perfect so don't judge me and if you do keep it to yourself cause no one wants to listen.
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 11:55 AM
    I'm sure your ISP will judge you.
    Networking Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 12:09 PM

I'm sure not!

... and this years Most Perfect Person award goes to...

NeedKarma!!

Congrats.

Don't be so quick to point out my flaws there champion, like I said I don't need your lip, I am doing nothing wrong, a network analyzer is not illegal, Net Tools 5 is not illegal. You see it as being morally wrong especially from an IT perspective, I don't and to be frank, I don't care.

This post had nothing to do with you but you had to butt in and put your worthless 2 cents in anyway.
    Thanks but no thanks!

I appreciate your opinion usually but this time you crossed that line. You can't judge me and to be honest next time it's probably better to keep quite!
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Then by using Net Tools 5's app UDP Flooder or eXtreme flooder you can literally lag out just their connection and they'll get booted!
    This is the ethically incorrect part. Using a network analyzer is not a problem. Deciding to use it as a tool to cut someone off by deliberately flooding their IP with packets is a problem and is usually grounds for your ISP to cancel your account. Just giving the heads up. All the stuff you are planning to do has been done before by script kiddies in the dawn of the web. There's a reason why your pings and traceroutes go unanswered, it's because people abused the system and firewalls and edge device were configured accordingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guitar chords for addicted by saing abel [ 2 Answers ]

Having trouble finding guitar chords for, "Addicted", by Saving Abel. I don't want the tabs for the song, but the guitar chords, thank you

Hot/Grd. Reverse when I tested my circuits with an analyzer [ 2 Answers ]

I plugged a vacuum into a receptacle in my house. When it was plugged in it made a pop sound and everything within the circuits went out. I tried resetting all the breakers in my breaker box... I replace 4 of them so far and I cannot get any of the circuits back up and all the breakers that were...

Movie of cain [ 2 Answers ]

The scary movie that Cain the wrestler played in I can't Remember the name of it . Please help.

Cain and Abel.. [ 3 Answers ]

Who was Cain's wife? It never says in any of the scriptures. Anybody know?

View more questions Search