Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sadangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Depressed and feel there's no point anymore
    I'm 20,I feel no one cares in my family,I don't have friends-all are abroad or online.. I lost the person I love,I study something because my family wants and these days all I feel is stay in bed.. I feel there's no point anymore..
    jeffrey michael Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Apr 4, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Life is difficult there are so many things in this life that seem to be overwhelming to us. I know you don't know me but I no know how you feel Im there in my life, I have lost 3 close family members in the last 2 years got divorced and lost my job. Life is hard, I don't have anyone to lean on either. But I try to do my best to stay positive because just as life took these things away from me it can easily give them back. Remember that life is full of ups and downs, what don't kill us makes us stronger and appreciate what we do have. Your still breathing and your still young and have a full life ahead of you, Its esy to focus on the bad when your in the midst of it. But keep your head up I PROMISE things will change in your life try try try to stay positive even if you don't want to. You may to see a professional to talk to just to relieve some of the pressure off your back, talking about your own situation to some and hearing out loud can be very helpful.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Apr 4, 2009, 09:49 AM
    You are severely depressed. You need to get to a doctor who can diagnose you and get you some meds. This same thing runs in my family, and no amount of "positive" thoughts will pull you out of this pit. You need medical intervention, at least temporarily. I can't begin to describe to you how great if feels to begin to take notice and joy in things around you once you start pulling out of the cloud of depression! Talk with your folks, and get to the doctor!

Take care...
    Megan2345 Posts: 239, Reputation: 8

Apr 7, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Gather up all your strength and get out of bed. Find a therapist or a psychiatrist. You are depressed. It is a big deal and there is help. So much can change so fast don't give up hope. You can make friends at work. You could try going to church. Whether you believe or not, the people are nice.
    I have been there. I once didn't leave my apartment for at least a month. I can tell you from experience that things can get much better.
    chrisnyc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 12:01 AM
    All the medications in the world will not help. Indeed, they only line the pockets of drug manufacturers. Moreover, there is absolutely no scientific evidence that depression originates in the brain. Therapists also DO NOT WORK. I have tried over 20 in my life, and nothing. Psycho therapy, like pharmacology, is a big fat lie. At $200 an hour, I have spent over $100,000.000 and received no benefit, but they sure took fancy vacations and bought beautiful homes at my expense. Talk about exploitation. If you really want to learn about depression and suicide, then forget what the commercials are telling you. Obviously, the misguided people here are just towing the line. Read "Suicide" by Durhkeim, and get the facts. Depression, like all behavior, is mediated by society. It is not something you gan "gather up all your strength and get out of bed" over. Similarly, places like churches ARE the problem, and preachers are ill equipped in dealing with the subject. Remember, churches only exist to control minds and money. Civilization can't start until the very last brick falls on the very last head of the very last preacher. Also telling people to "make friends" is so sickening, that Megan obviously has not "been there." I don't know where she was, but it wasn't "there." Depression is most associated with isolation. Indeed, not having any friends for many IS the root of the problem. What Megan is saying is if you're poor, then go get some money. Pathetic. Lastly, trying to stay positive is likewise a juvenile attempt by Jeffrey to provide a panacea for your thoughts. It simply won't work. What will work is to GET OUT OF THE SITUATION YOU ARE IN THAT IS MEDIATING YOUR BEHAVIOR. If you are unable now, then take solace in knowing that one day you can. That is the ONLY way out, or suicide. I would never judge anyone who engaged in self deliverance, for I do not consider suicide a pathology. It is merely a response to one's situation. Regardless, it has been scientifically proven that the context in which we reside directly dictates our behavior. Read Milgram's theory of obedience, for example, for proof rather than taking the word of people like Megan and Jeffrey. Ren offers no solution, just tells us how joyful it is not to be depressed, and talks in a metaphor about clouds. A lot of good that does! Anyway, when you physically leave your environment your behavior, thoughts, and mood will change. It's as simple as that. Until then, it sucks and nothing no one will say, or all the drugs in the world, or hours of so called "therapy" will do any good for you. However, it will sure make drug companies and therapists richer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does it mean if you're depressed a lot and feel sad? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 21. I live w/ my fiancé. I get really depressed and sad sometime's. Other time's I get mad or angry. Most of the time I get sad and I don't know why. All my life I've delt with a mean father and mentally loony mother. My friend's have turned their back on me in the past. My grandfather died a...

I'm depressed, my best friend won't talk to me anymore. [ 31 Answers ]

Threads merged I'm so confused... my friend and I have been friends for almost 2 years and we think of each other as bestfriends, well until now. This year he barely even talks to me. I call him and he never picks up and when he does, he says " Dude im busy can i call u back later" and he never...

I feel lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and...

I feel like I can't ever get out of my depressed mode. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm very depressed person I'm so happy when I can have a good day... I trust no one... and I am not even exaggerating when I say I have no friends at school. I mean I don't get made fun of at school or anything like that I just feel like I never fit in and I have so many bad days. I wish I had...

View more questions Search