Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AskMe11 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
    I feel lonely and depressed
    Hi everyone. I do not know where to start :(. I feel so lonely and miserable, Im 20 yrs old.. I don't have many friends and the best friend that I had - has stopped talking to me for stupid reasons such as.. I fink all the boys like me, etc. Which is NOT d case but at times I would blame myself and fink that der is something wrong with me. Im also having problems with my parents at the moment. Whatever I do doesn't seem to be enough. Im very sensetive, and end up crying most of the time, without expressing myself to parents. My mom can also get aggressive and violent with words, which makes me upset with all the things she says. The other day I forgot to pay something and she went mad, calling me stupid, idiot etc. It makes me so upset :(. I feel so depressed and trying to jugle university and a long distance relationship is not making things easier :(. I also have OCD, and at times I'm too busy of washing my hands 3 times and thinking I can't step on a certain tile that I easily forget things. My parents know I have ocd (obssessive compolsive disorder) bt I do not want to mention that some of my actions are due to this, as they will probably think its an excuse. :( I feel sad.
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Dec 3, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Welcome to the real world! Friends will come & go. If they are true friends they will return. If they are not true friends then they would just been a burden. With 50+ years left in your life, many more people will cross your path. Some of them may become true friends. It will not happen without your help. You must be a friend to them through whatever problems they might encounter. If you can not do that, then you can not be considered their friend.
    Boyfriends (see above)
    Your parents are a different problem. You are an immature adult. They are mature kids. There is no perfect parent as you may find if you have children. While their tone of voice may be nerve-wracking, their intentions are the same as you will have at their age. To help the situation, try toning the "conversation" down. Instead of fighting back verbally (It's a natural reaction for all of us), try speaking softly & ask the parent for guidance in this situation. It is hard to do the first time but the second time will be easier because the parent has been re-trained. Now the parent & child are moving closer to being friends.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2008, 05:37 AM

I can understand what your going through and words do hurt especially coming from the people that you love. Being called stupid and an idiot aren't kind words and can make you sad and sometimes leave you thinking that you are but you aren't. We are human and we all make mistakes and forget to do things. I forget to mail things. I still have cards from last year I was suppose to mail but didn't. I glad that they have autopay because that is how all my bills get paid.

Some friends are better to do without but your young and need to do something that you enjoy. Get out and meet new ones because all it takes is one.

Also, I understand you havd ocd but are you seeing a counselor? Seeing someone and having someone to talk to can do wonders.

Since your having problems with forgetting to do things maybe you should write a daily reminder for yourself. Keep a list of your bills and the due date and stick on something like your mirror and get a notebook, something that can fit into your pocketbook, and write things down that you have to do and look at it throughout the day and keep a pen so you can always write in it.

Writing can help release your stress so keep a journal and try expressing your feelings to your parents and see a counselor to talk too. I hope that helps and you can always come here to talk.
    AskMe11 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 12:39 PM

Thank u guys so much.. you made some things more clear for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am feeling very lonely and depressed. [ 19 Answers ]

Some of you may recognize me from some of my postings on relationships. If I look back at my life even just a year ago, I was very active and not feeling so depressed. I own a business that's doing well, I have several great hobbies, I have great friends. The average person would say " Why are...

Feeling lonely, sad and depressed [ 24 Answers ]

I think I have Social Anxiety Disorder... I haven't made any friends in over 20 years. Sure I have "acquaintances", but no one I would consider "friend". I have always considered myself "shy". I have trouble talking to people I don't know. I'm afraid what they will think about what I say or do....

Depressed and lonely [ 8 Answers ]

I have been married for over 10 years but there was never any growth in our relationship. My partner is short tempered and at times very violent. I have been enduring a lot of mental abuse of late. Since the last couple of years my partner has been asking me for a divorce but wants me to make the...

Overweight, depressed, lonely. [ 63 Answers ]

I am a single woman and am suffering a lot lately due to poor decisions I've made. I'm in a job I hate. My parents are elderly and sick. I'm 5'3" and almost 260 pounds. I eat constantly. I sleep after work until night time, then I wake up and eat. I call phone sex lines to talk to men. I've...

Lonely and depressed [ 3 Answers ]

Basically ill try and explain as briefly as I can... im in a mess - I feel lonely and depressed! I've been involved with a few lads over the past year, I have never actually got with any of them, as I am petrified of commitment! I find myself becoming VERY easily attached to lads, as I enjoy...

View more questions Search