Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladee924 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Color rinse to a permanent color
    I just put a rinse in my hair 2 weeks ago, I want to know if I can permanently die my hair... I have not washed my hair since I put the rinse in it, but the color is fading... What should I do?
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2009, 10:03 PM
    When it comes to hair, it's always best to go to a professional. You don't want to end up messing your own hair up and it ending up costing you bundles trying to fix it.

MRS.S
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladee924 View Post
    I just put a rinse in my hair 2 weeks ago, i want to know if i can permanently dye my hair... I have not washed my hair since i put the rinse in it, but the color is fading... What should i do?
    What product did you use? I'm not sure how the color can fade if you haven't washed your hair since you put it in.

There is really no accurate definition of a color rinse, so we need to know what (exactly) you used.

Apr 4, 2009, 01:41 PM
    [QUOTE=Perito;1645674]What product did you use? I'm not sure how the color can fade if you haven't washed your hair since you put it in.

There is really no accurate definition of a color rinse, so we need to know what (exactly) you used.[/QUOTEI USED ADORE RINSE. I JUS WASHED MY HAIR LAST Night NOW MY ORIGINAL HAIR COLOR IS Coming BAC IN.. BUT IM Saying CAN I OR CAN'T I USE A PERMANENT COLOR NOW OR AFTER THE RINSE IS COMPLETELY OUT OF MY HAIR...
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 02:08 PM
    I haven't been able to discover the ingredients in Adore Rinses. In fact, I haven't even been able to find out who makes it. There are certain ingredients that interfere badly with permanent color.

Since it's fading quickly, I suspect that it is possible to use a permanent color after the rinse is out. Do a strand test to make sure the color takes properly.

Apr 4, 2009, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by perito View Post
    i haven't been able to discover the ingredients in adore rinses. In fact, i haven't even been able to find out who makes it. There are certain ingredients that interfere badly with permanent color.

Since it's fading quickly, i suspect that it is possible to use a permanent color after the rinse is out. Do a strand test to make sure the color takes properly.
    OK I just found out who the maker of that product: Creative image and its alcohol free...
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Alcohol-free is irrelevant. In fact, most haircolor products contain no alcohol. What is relevant is whether it contains substances like henna (there are other bad actors also).

Apr 4, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by perito View Post
    alcohol-free is irrelevant. In fact, most haircolor products contain no alcohol. What is relevant is whether it contains substances like henna (there are other bad actors also).
    how would I be able to find out what that specific product ingredients.. Because the only description its giving me is that this product has no alcohol, no peroxide and no ammonia...
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2009, 07:22 PM

I looked up one of their patents. It appears that there's nothing in there that will cause problems with ordinary haircoloring. Having said that, I still think a strand test before applying to your whole head, would be a good idea.

Good luck,
    xyz2009 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Yes you can use permanent color on it if your shade is darker than the rinse you used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

Highlighting over non-permanent color [ 1 Answers ]

So I colored my hair with Natural Insticts a couple weeks back. I choose this red color, but it came out ruby, it looks awful! I really don't want to wait another 14 shampoos for it to wash out. If I highlight it will it be orange? Or will it come out easily because its non permanent? If it does...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search