Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mugsy52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Highlighting over non-permanent color
    So I colored my hair with Natural Insticts a couple weeks back. I choose this red color, but it came out ruby, it looks awful! I really don't want to wait another 14 shampoos for it to wash out. If I highlight it will it be orange? Or will it come out easily because its non permanent? If it does look brassy, will the brassiness eventually wash out? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 9, 2008, 08:30 PM

Non permanent dye is bad for your hair to begin with, although it's more expensive, you should really get your hair done at a salon. If you can, go to a local salon and tell them what you'd like done. Take care of your hair, and you should be in good shape. Good luck. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Semi-permanent color [ 2 Answers ]

Hello prettypetite1 I am worndering if you can tell me about demi-permanent color. I used a natural brown hair color (permanent) on my hair . I wanted my hair to match a hair piece so I went to Sallys and they gave me a demi-permanent color of ash blond to take the red out of my hair. I am...

Hair color and highlighting [ 2 Answers ]

I have put a brown hair color on my hair and was wondering if a blond or light brown highlighting kit would work on my hair. I don't know much about how everything reacts with everything else. Maybe I should ask this question also. I have brown hair naturally, but my hair has been heavily...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Stripping my hair color then dying it AND highlighting it? [ 2 Answers ]

I've dyed my hair many times myself from brown to blonde and now I'm brown again. My hair is a little fried from all the dying and straightening. I just want to go to a salon and finally have them do my hair, I think because I've dyed my hair so many times though they will probably strip the color...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search