Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    divoricedmomint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 07:20 PM
    Alimony and disability
    My exhusband is going on disability, thinking this will stop my alimony? Is this true? I live in Florida. The judge awarded me permanent alimony.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2009, 03:14 PM

This might impact your alimony. Contact your attorney who handled your divorce matter and run this past him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my disability subject to alimony [ 2 Answers ]

Is my disability subject to alimony

Can a judge award alimony when the only income is from a military disability? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister wants to divorce her husband because he's abusive. However, their only income comes from military disability that he receives. He's telling her that she can't get alimony from him because his government check is untouchable. Does anyone know if that's true?

Is my disability income subject to alimony? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 54 (soon to be 55) and my wife and I are divorcing after 34 years of marriage. She has told our children that she is going to "take me to the cleaners". I get 2059 from social security disability and 3300 from Prudential disability (insurance I bought and paid for with after tax dollars). ...

Social Security Disability and Alimony [ 2 Answers ]

My friend, a 55 year old male, became disabled last year after a brain stem hemorrhage. He has been unable to pay his $1700/month alimony payment since Jan. 07. I know that SSA benefits are subject to garnishment for alimony. I called SSA today and they told me there is no limit to what they can...

View more questions Search