Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Charmy812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 04:28 PM
    My keyboard will not type letters.
    I am using my boyfriends laptop cause when I type on mine where the keys that have numbers as well as letters on them it types the numbers and not the letters. I just don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 31, 2009, 04:46 PM

Turn off Num Lock
    webbina11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 01:06 AM
    I'm trying to press the fn(well now I can't hit plus, because it in the numpadO_o)FN pluss num lk, and the light goes on above the button, but when I hit the characters that are suppose to give numbers, it doesn't work. I have tried all the tips above without luck. I have check the "keyboard" command on the control panel. Didn't fix anything. I tried search the web to. I can't find anything. I don't know what to do anymore. <a href=”http://google.com”>if possible,</a> I would like to avoid sending my computer in to service. [url=http://google.com]if possible,[url]Please help me, if you think you have a way to solve my problem, I'd be forever thankful!

Aug 1, 2010, 01:07 AM
    Your right it couldn't be a virus problem if I cannot even enter bios settings, should have thought of that. No, caps lock does cause its LED to light up (only one lite up is just to say laptop is 'On'). I definitley didn't spill any liquid on the keyboard but I agree with you that it may be a bad connection or something. Here is the strange thing do... about 20 minutes after I posted this thread using my PC (I had left my laptop running awating entry of bios password) I tapped a key and it 'worked'. . My nodule Touchpad also stopped symptoms working I logged in OK and saw checked the status of the keyboard, which said it was working properly. I went into the system and application logs (after right clicking my computer -> manage -> system tools ->event viewer) and there was a lot (I mean a lot!) of warnings and blackheads remover . The error and warning sources came mainly from : 'W32Time' 'Service control manager' 'dhcp' 'dnsapi' 'netlogon' (?? )

About opening up the laptop, I'll see if a friend can help me on that... but I'll check my warranty won't warn against it! When you say manual, do you think there would be a manual specific to manufacturers (i.e. do you think I may find one on the web relating to fujitsu siemens laptops pearly papules .. ). The good news is I got my project and college stuff back safely enough :giddy:
    I have a similar hardware issue. My brand new Amilo Pro V2040 worked fine (for a couple of weeks) then some keyboard buttons stopped working... After a few Nodule restarts everything worked again.

At first, I also suspected the OS and Drivers (installed by vendor) and re-installed everything. The problem persisted and now on almost all restarts some keys don't work. I have found that the keyboard tends to "sort itself out" after all blackhead removal of it from suspend.

My Amilo Pro just turned 4 months old. I plan to take it for repairs, but haven't had an opportunity for last two months (too busy)... after which I'll sell it or give it away.

Aug 1, 2010, 01:08 AM
    Our right it couldn't be a virus problem if I cannot even enter bios settings, should have thought of that. No, caps lock does cause its LED to light up (only one lite up is just to say laptop is 'On'). I definitley didn't spill any liquid on the keyboard but I agree with you that it may be a bad connection or something. Here is the strange thing do... about 20 minutes after I posted this thread using my PC (I had left my laptop running nodules nodules nodules nodules nodules awating entry of bios password) I tapped a key and it 'worked'. . My nodule Touchpad also stopped symptoms working I logged in OK and saw checked the status of the keyboard, which said it was working properly. I went into the system and application logs nodules nodules nodules nodules nodules (after right clicking my computer -> manage -> system tools ->event viewer) and there was a lot (I mean a lot!) of warnings and blackheads remover . nodules nodules nodules nodules nodules The error and warning sources came mainly from : 'W32Time' 'Service control manager' 'dhcp' 'dnsapi' 'netlogon' (?? )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard keys type numbers not letters [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to correct the keyboard typing the numbers under the letters. Help

Keyboard not responding or typing random letters [ 3 Answers ]

I just cleaned my keyboard by taking off the keys, blowing it out, using a slightly damped lysol tollette and putting the keys back together while word was on to double check what keys were what. It seemed to work fine but a couple hours later it randomly starts typing succesives k and keys stop...

Keyboard not writing the exact letters [ 2 Answers ]

I am using window xp professional, today when I open my I was unable to use my keyboard, when I try to write something it write numbers instead of letters (like if I write I it writes 0 or 1 ect) . Could you please help me to fix the problem. Thanks

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,are,t,why [ 8 Answers ]

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,r,t,y I saw this code like <shift>+Fn+o and it unlocked it but now my keyboard is broken again and won't type those letters I have to use "windows on-screen keyboard" to use letters q,w,e,r,t,y Please help Now shift button doesn't seem to be working either

Half keyboard acts like numbers not letters as it should [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody, this might sound strange or... stupid! :eek: Something happened with the keyboard of my laptop and the half right keys act like numbers,not letters.I am not sure if I pressed any combination of keys (certainly by mistake) or if sth else happened (maybe the aliens changed the places...

View more questions Search