Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayanabid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Keyboard not writing the exact letters
    I am using window xp professional, today when I open my I was unable to use my keyboard, when I try to write something it write numbers instead of letters (like if I write I it writes 0 or 1 ect) . Could you please help me to fix the problem.
    Thanks
    b_harish123 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:25 AM

The problem meight me that you have selected a different language...
    If you select UK english for typing then you will not be able to type @ symbol so just check
    b_harish123 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 04:31 AM
    Also check with the drivers for the keyboard... if possible update it with latest drivers or uninstall and re install the drivers which was given with the computer and then check if its wirking...
    You can also try with a known good keyboard just to check if the keyboard is working fine or now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard keys type numbers not letters [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to correct the keyboard typing the numbers under the letters. Help

Keyboard not responding or typing random letters [ 3 Answers ]

I just cleaned my keyboard by taking off the keys, blowing it out, using a slightly damped lysol tollette and putting the keys back together while word was on to double check what keys were what. It seemed to work fine but a couple hours later it randomly starts typing succesives k and keys stop...

Anyone good at writing letters to Human Resources? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently working in Sydney for a very successful marketing company but feel stagnant in my role. I have spent the last 18 months moving from job to job, not really having my own title or job description. I have not pushed myself or applied my full potential and I am now stuck in a rut at...

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,are,t,why [ 8 Answers ]

Keyboard won't type letters q,w,e,r,t,y I saw this code like <shift>+Fn+o and it unlocked it but now my keyboard is broken again and won't type those letters I have to use "windows on-screen keyboard" to use letters q,w,e,r,t,y Please help Now shift button doesn't seem to be working either

Half keyboard acts like numbers not letters as it should [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everybody, this might sound strange or... stupid! :eek: Something happened with the keyboard of my laptop and the half right keys act like numbers,not letters.I am not sure if I pressed any combination of keys (certainly by mistake) or if sth else happened (maybe the aliens changed the places...

View more questions Search