Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AV8IR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Connecting fan remote
    I have a Hampton bay remote switch ,there are 3 wires 2 black and one green the two blacks have a tag on them . One says to fan(blue tag)do not connect to neutral white wire and the other is (yellow)to power supply, do not connect to neutral white wires.
    Thank you
    BRycraft Posts: 111, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2009, 11:34 AM

Hook it up like it says, the white wire coming down from the ceiling will connect right to the white wire or wires already in the box that are the return wires going back to the circuit breaker box, that leaves basically 2 other wires, a black wire coming from the same fan from the ceiling, should be black carrying no power which that one you connect the blue tagged wire too, The other black wire coming from the house supply should be the hot wire that is where you connect the yellow tagged wire too. The switch itself does not have any wires that connect to any white wires and I think that is what is throwing you...
    Bill
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2009, 07:10 PM

What are you replacing, a normal wall switch? What wires does it have? Normally the new switch connects to the same wires as the old wall switch.

Does the fan have a light?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to Remote Desktop Host [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to access my desktop in my office via VPN, then remote desktop but no success... Per my Tech Admin I set up the VPN which appears to work perfectly, but when I run the remote desktop I receive the following message: Remote Desktop Disconnected This computer can't connect to...

Connecting a ceiling fan w/remote [ 3 Answers ]

Home is prewired for a ceiling fan. 2 swiches at wall (one for fan power, one for light). At the ceiling fan box, there are 3 wires black/red/white +grounds coming from the house wiring. Typically, I would connect the ceiling fan black to house black, fan blue to house red, and fan white to...

Getting crt alt and delete after connecting with remote. [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a way to stop from getting the log on screen on the host computer when connecting using remote desktop? I wanted to connect to the computer and have the person in front of it be able to see what I am doing. I want to do this without the person sending me an invite. In...

Connecting a ceiling fan with a 2 wire remote [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan with black and a white wire that connects to the supplied voltage. The problem is that I have 4 wires (Red, white black and bare). Which wires do I connect to the remote? The output of the remote is Blue, Black, White and Ground.

Connecting Remote to Hampton Bay fan with light kit [ 7 Answers ]

I brought a remote control for a fan that doesn't come with remote control. I have 2 wire (white and black wire) from transmitter to connect to AC power, but my room has been prewired for light and fan, therefore there is 3 wire white, red and black. I connected the black to the black and white...

View more questions Search