Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bchikusa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2009, 02:07 AM
    My computer does not boot
    :confused:When I turn on Compaq Evo on, the green power light turns on but the hdd light does not. I therefore can't boot my computer. I tried removing the ram, the computer beeped continuously, I put the ram in again, but still computer does not boot. What is wrong? How do I solve this problem?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2009, 05:32 AM

You usually want to reseat boards and connectors. Removing may not help.
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 30, 2009, 06:38 AM

Go out and invest in a $40 PCI POST diagnostic card to start, does your computer even pass POST? I'd say it's between the hard drive and the CPU being bad, how old is the computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not boot up [ 2 Answers ]

When I plug the power cord into the wall socket, my computer turns itself on. I mean I don't have to push the power button in to make the computer turn on. When it DOES turn on, the processor fan spins only for a second or two. The power l.e.d as well as the motherboard light is lit but...

RE-boot the computer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my computer?

Computer won't boot . [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I haven’t asked a computer question for a long time - so I thought I’d ask a really good one: I have an older PC that suddenly refuses to ‘start’. It’s got an ASUS P2L97 mobo w/Pent. II 300mHz; 2 hard drives; 250 w. power supply; and I’m running Windows 98SE. A very basic PC. Here’s the...

Computer Won't Boot Up [ 13 Answers ]

Whenever I switch my computer on it begins the startup and at best gets to the Windows XP logo and then the screen just goes black. This is the furthest it gets and most times won't even get there. If I go into BIOS the same thing happens. Any Ideas?

My computer will not boot up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and have encountered a problem with my computer I was installing Norton Security 2007. I had installed it all and was finishing off with a full system scan - the computer simply stopped and crashed. I tried everything to switch it off without just pressing the button -...

View more questions Search