Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bdshawn_1999 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Computer will not boot up
    When I plug the power cord into the wall socket, my computer turns itself on.

I mean I don't have to push the power button in to make the computer turn on.

When it DOES turn on, the processor fan spins only for a second or two. The power l.e.d as well as the motherboard light is lit but nothing else happens.
    I can't hear the hard drive spin up. The DVD-rom drive does not blink.
    The display (CRT/LCD) screen is blank. There is NO post screen (no data or words ever appear on the monitor).
    If I hold the power button for few seconds only then the power l.e.d turns off. There are NO beeps when the computer is first turned on with the power switch.

It just sits there, doing nothing, blank .
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2008, 11:41 PM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup.
    DukeZeus Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 11:24 PM
    About your computer turning itself on when you just plugged-in to the power outlet, perhaps you have enabled the Turn on after power outage or something similar in your BIOS settings. Just disable it.

About your computer not booting up, make sure nothing is loose inside your CPU (RAM, video, audio cards, power cables, data cables... ) Just make sure it is unplugged from the power outlet when you do. After making sure that nothing IS loose and your computer still doesn't boot up, perhaps you should have your power supply or motherboard checked into.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RE-boot the computer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my computer?

I want to re-boot my computer [ 13 Answers ]

I really want to re-boot my computer and start fresh... any suggestions on how to re-boot it because I have no clue... :confused:

Computer will not boot up [ 5 Answers ]

When I plug my computer into the wall socket, the mother board light comes on but when I turn it on using the power on button. Nothing will happen except the power on indicating light would on and plink continually. HELP PLEASE!

Computer Will Not Boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Compaq Presario SR1214NX that will not boot. Until recently, the computer ran fine with two internal hard drivers installed, but then I started getting the message "NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL-ALT-DEL TO RESTART". In the past, this meant my hard drive boot order had somehow...

Computer Won't Boot Up [ 13 Answers ]

Whenever I switch my computer on it begins the startup and at best gets to the Windows XP logo and then the screen just goes black. This is the furthest it gets and most times won't even get there. If I go into BIOS the same thing happens. Any Ideas?

View more questions Search