Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Been told that my Internet Explorer is corrupted
    I have been told that my Internet Explorer is corrupted.
    Is there some inexpensive or freeware out there that is secure and that I can use to solve this problem.
    Att/Yahoo want too much to resolve the problem.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 08:18 PM

What makes you say Internet Explorer is corrupted?

2 things you can try here

Open IE and go to tools, internet options, adv tab and scroll down to bottom and click on Reset Defaults

Other thing you can do is download and reinstall IE7 - I would stay with IE7 and not try 8 just yet until you get things working
    Internet Explorer 7: Get It Now
    AandZ4ever Posts: 151, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 26, 2009, 08:55 PM

I think it's a virus! Look out they trick you now by saying your computed is infected so download this! Be cautious!
    Helljack6 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2009, 12:23 PM

Yes, if it's an Internet Explorer window "Popping Up" telling you your IE is corrupted or your computer is infected, it's truly NOT an IE issue as it is more a Spyware/Malware issue.

Download/update/Run Malwarebytes v1.34 and Spybot v1.6.2, reboot and load into safe mode update and re-run again.

If your IE was really corrupted, you wouldn't even be able to open an internet window without it locking up your machine as IE is part of the core file browsing system embedded in XP. Re-registering specific core *.dll files related to IE generally resolves corrupted IE issues. Getting an internet window telling you that your Internet Explorer is corrupted is the sign of something else.
    bk39 Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Pt 2 same message. IE corrupted?
    Edited pt 2

My previous message would not let me edit.

My ISP told me it was corrupted and didn't think it was a virus.
    I recently installed IE8 and I believe that has been the source of my problems and support thought so also.
    I am not computer literate so don't know how to uninstall IE8 so I can reinstall IE7

I tried it but it wouldn't allow me to install IE7 since I have the later edition IE8.
    Can you help me by telling me how to uninstall IE8 so I can reinstall IE7?
    It may still be a virus although my McAfee finds nothing.
    Thanks.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 09:54 PM

Answered in other question
    Andrew Carstens Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 07:32 AM

Chek you computer for a virus and if you have rmoved the virus or found that there aren't one just download the current vertion or an updater vertion of the internt explorer that you currently have and do an update or an reinstalation no need for special software

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer on xp [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get internet explore to connect everything else connects AOL, etc using wireless on verizon network. Pleasehelp

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet [ 5 Answers ]

Internet explorer won't connect to the internet. I know that the connection is fine as Firefox works. I have cable broadband through a wireless connection. When I try to use Explorer it comes up with Internet explorer annot display the webpage. I have tried to look at other threads but can't seem...

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

Internet Explorer 6. [ 6 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP and have developed a problem with my IE. When I first log on to internet my home page sometimes locks up or it will turn off IE and send me back to desktop. This does not happen all the time. Some time I can change web pages then without warning my IE will turn off and I am...

View more questions Search