Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yasante Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 10:44 AM
    Tenant Rights with No Lease
    I have a housing covenant but not a lease with my landlords. Are they able to add additional fees such as $20 per day late payment for rent at any time?

Please provide me with some insight as to whether this is legal. Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 20, 2009, 11:10 AM

What does the covenant say?

Generally if there is no lease, the terms of the last executed lease remain in effect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A residing tenant not on the lease what are my rights [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NYS with my girlfriend who asked me to come stay with her from out of state. We are in a rental apartment complex but I am not on the lease and the rent is paid through the end of the month and she wants to turn her keys in and leave. I have mail going there, the cable is in my name what...

Lease termination and tenant rights (California) [ 13 Answers ]

I need an interpretation of these two clauses on my rental agreement, or if anyone knows a lawyer in the Orange County area that can provide some help (preferable cheap help) in this type of matter. The lease is for a 1 year period. No date is circled on the signed lease. &

What rights does a tenant in NY has in the absence of a lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a tenant renting an apartment in a private house and my landlord did not give me a lease, said it was not necessary. Now she has given me 1 month notice, staing effective NOV 1, the rent will be increased by $75, also I hve to pay the same amount towards my security deposit. I am currently...

Landlord rights-tenant will not sign lease [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Tennessee,and my renter will not sign a lease.What rights do I have?

Tenant rights, no lease, in California. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everybody, This forum seems to have a lot of knowledgeable people. I would appreciate some advice on my situation. Last November, I moved into a spare bedroom in a house with some other college students here in San Diego. The lease is signed by 3 people, but only 1 of them still lives...

View more questions Search