Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NightDee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 02:51 PM
    She is Engaged!
    Hi..
    Long story short.. I am in love with this girl, and she loves me back.. but she's engaged and she's 1.5 year older than me.. but she loves me back... she said she wanted me, but she can't make a decision (to leave him), she says she can't take that step.. but we both want each other... I love her to death so does she.. but it has been like 5 months since we last tried to find a solution.. we are tired of thinking... I was wondering if anyone could help me?! Any advice? :s :(
    latenite101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 03:14 PM

She needs to make her finance aware of her feelings for you. Because, this is something that will continue into the marriage. This could be very very bad for her mentally and detrimental to her relationship. My advice to is to back off. As harsh as it may sound, you don't want to be with somebody who is 2-timing somebody else. I know from experience, once a cheater, always a cheater. Maybe she'll do the right thing and break it off, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 06:31 PM

If she loved you and only wanted to be with you than she would be with you.

Two wrongs don't make it right because not only is she with somebody else, she is engage to that person. And you knowing this information shouldn't have put yourself in this situation.

This girl might be just stringing you along and might just be keeping you around as a lifeboat. Whatever the reason might be I would've been long gone instead of staying in someone web of confusion.

Since she can't make a choice why don't you make it easy for her by leaving.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 06:34 PM

If she really loved you and wanted to be with you, she would merely break up with other person and be with you.

Same advice as when the women comes here in love with the married man.

Unless he is willing to physcially make that break, her actions are telling you what she really feels.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:10 PM

Unless she is afraid to break it off with the BF than there is no excuse other than she does not really want to quit him for you.

Do you give her something that she is perhaps using you for? And that is what she is afraid of losing?

Is there a cultural reason she cannot leave this man if she wishes?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:19 PM

OK. The solution isn't hard. She makes a choice between you and her fiancé. If this has gone on for 5 months, whether she intends to or not she's using you for the charge she gets from being desired by two men. She hasn't picked you. She hasn't gone through the tough step of parting with the other man. She is not an honest partner - not to you, as clearly you still think there's a chance. Not to her partner, who she's cheated on by merely entertaining the idea of another man while she's engaged. Her actions are not those of a woman you should be with, whether you love her or not.

Passion and love are two different things. You can have both, but love is a quite, soft, non-crazy place to fall and if that's not there, the passion is little more than lust. I'd say to cut her loose and don't look back. She's a learning opportunity, not your life.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:22 PM

She isn't even married and is afraid to break up with her boyfriend?

She must not like you as much as she says because it is very easy to call off the wedding, it sounds like she is leading you on... possibly just because she likes the attention.

I don't think she will ever leave this guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Engaged, But Not Sure. [ 17 Answers ]

Ok, here's the story. By the end of my novel you'll probably hold an opinion of my fiancé, but please try to think with an open mind. So me and her (both in our mid-late 20's) have been together for almost two years and are engaged. She has a child (not mine) and his father is not in the picture so...

Engaged Sex [ 19 Answers ]

I am engaged to a great guy, and can't wait to get married. I love him to death, and he loves me, but we don't have sex like I would like. He's performed oral sex on me maybe once or twice, when I asked him. Now it's never. It's not like I want to have him do it all the time - I would just like him...

When you are engaged. [ 2 Answers ]

When you are engaged which hand do you wear the ring on? In america is left? And europe right?

When to get engaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Oh is Rome engaged? Ha ha no, I have just been reading all these posts on becoming engaged and what people think is the best time and other information like that. So I figured I would post an open question to get everyone's opinions on the subject. Things to consider? - How long you've...

Engaged then not? [ 2 Answers ]

I met david at the end of my freshamn year of college. He was enlisted in the navy and was supposed to leave April 11. He then asked for another date (later) to leave so he could spend time with me. His new date was July 11th. We fell in love and went and looked at rings and talked about when we ...

View more questions Search