7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    The distributer seal is bad.
    Where would the seal be at?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2009, 01:27 PM

Usually the distrubuter has to be removed. The shaft of the distributer goes through the seal. It's usually pressed in like most rotating shaft seals.

The easiest way to remove it is to drill two pilot holes opposite each other and insert a sheet metal screw. Grab with two pair of pliers and pull directly out.

Remember the distributer has to be set back in the same position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On coil/off coil temperature [ 2 Answers ]

What is on coil/ off coil temperature? What is the recommended on coil/ off coil temperature?

Converting an R22 A-Coil To a Water to Air Coil? [ 8 Answers ]

Converting an R22 A-Coil To a Water to Air Coil A friend of mine has a water to water geothermal unit for heating his home. He wants to use this same unit for cooling the house. Looking at water to air coils the prices are quite steep compared to the standard run of the mill A-Coils. We are...

On coil & off coil temperature [ 2 Answers ]

What is on coil/ off coil temperature? What is the recommended on coil/ off coil temperature?

New Outside Condsing Unit, Bad indoor Coil - Go with Heat Pump or Buy New Coil? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, Here is my issue. Recently, our home warranty company paid to replace a 25 year old 7 SEER Borg Warner outside unit, but swore up and down that the indoor Borg Warner Coil would be OK with the new 10 SEER Carrier. We no longer have this home warranty company and they are not standing...

Distributor [ 6 Answers ]

I need to remove my igniter so do need to remove my distrubetor from 1988 honda civic lx, and do I have to realing the timing. Thank you

View more questions Search