Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sakuraluke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 04:10 PM
    Why did my thai girlfriend dump me and should I go back
    I moved to Thailand to teach English and met a girl. I stayed with her for 3 years but every three months I had to return to the UK to take care of my mother. We had our problems, mainly over her not working and sleeping a lot and her friends were not of my liking. I took care of her and we moved in together. This time I came home and within 1 month I got an email from her that she had met someone new and goodbye. The town I stayed in is quite small but I have work there. I (as usual) planned to go back in 1 months time to resume our relationship and my job. Now I am unsure as to whether I should go back at all. On one hand its as much my town as it is hers but to see her floating round the local bars would be very upsetting to me. I know its all over and although I am heartbroken should I go back. Perhaps its best to never see her again. I feel like -out of sight out of mind and I have been simply been replaced with a new model.
    I am angry with her as she said she would wait but what do I do now is my question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 07:28 AM
    You get a life that makes you happy, somewhere else. Your options are many. Your free to do whatever hits your fancy.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 06:02 PM

Don't just pick up girl from the bar... look for a decent woman unless you just want sex partner with no string attached.

In Asia, most women want to get married, not just a live-in partner. Have she every considered this?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 06:15 PM

Why do you want someone that won't work but can find time to hang out with friends? Sounds like she was more into the relationship because you took care of her but not because she cared for you.

Move on and meet someone else. Be glad that she isn't your problem any more.
    BeaCoeur Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 23, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    Don't just pick up girl from the bar......... look for a decent woman unless you just want sex partner with no string attached.

In Asia, most women want to get married, not just a live-in partner. Have she every considered this?
    Thank you for your stereotype. First of all, Asia consists of more than 40 countries, there are thousands of cultures practised and languages spoken there.

I'm Thai, and this issue has been a subject of disgust to me, and I still don't even understand until today.

Yes, I admit there're those bargirls in Thailand and other parts of Asia, but aren't they like EVERYWHERE? And why did you jump into conclusion that the OP's ex is/was a bargirl. I also admit that they're those golddiggers out there who want to trap you in a relationship/marriage because they come from a much poorer background and they see it as a way to get out of their desperate life.

But one thing you said is true, it's a matter of WHAT TYPE of woman and WHERE do you go looking for your love.

I can't understand all those media-hyped books/websites etc that promote such stereotype. Prostitutes are in EVERY COUNTRY. But WHY, WHY do MOST Western guys go for uneducated countryside girls/bargirls?? WHY?? Most of them don't even speak a word of English

Thailand, as a developing country, unfortunately has a HUGE gap of education and wealth. I'm one of the lucky one who has been studying and working abroad. I'm surrounded by my fellow studious Westernised friends. I'm not saying that we're better than those uneducated countryside girls as a person. But for some strange reason these Western guys don't come looking for educated and financially independent ones like us.

Btw, I already have a boyfriend (European) and I DON'T WANT MARRIAGE JUST BECAUSE OF FINANCIAL SECURITY.

To the OP, do you think it's necessary to put 'why my THAI girlfriend.. It doesn't matter what nationality is your girlfriend, you get dumped, then you get dumped... I just think it's sending the wrong message.

My advice, no one here's going to KNOW WHY unless YOU ASK HER. If she avoids you or tell you upfront that she really has someone new, then it's time to move on. (But I can understand the frustration of not getting a closure though).
    BeaCoeur Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 24, 2009, 01:22 AM

lawanwadee, I just found out you're also Thai.

My dad is right, in many cases Thais are the ones who put down our fellow gals.

Umm, seeing you're an immigration expert, maybe you only come across the bargirl/countryside types trying to get green card to stay with their stereotypical old/bald/fat American blue collar workers? (no offence to Americans, just pointing out a stereotype)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thai symbols for free spirit [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get my 4th tattoo . "Free Spirit" in Thai symbols

Thai symbol for passion [ 3 Answers ]

Could I please see the word "passion" written in Thai?

Getting back together with my partner (Western/Thai relationship) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been going out with my partner for about 1.5 years. I decided last week to finally part from her. The reason I did this is that I felt trapped and controlled in the sense I couldn't do anything without her either commenting on how I did something, or her getting upset about what I...

Anyone here who speaks Thai? [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help translating English to Thai. If anyone here speaks Thai and could help me I'd be SO grateful!

How to claim my thai wife [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am a natural born citazin and my wife is thai. She doesn't have a SSN # yet.She has been here in the states with me for 8 months. My question is how do I claim her on my tax return to get the best deduction? Thank you Gre4gg Blevins US navy

View more questions Search