Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casteldeferro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Cost to change to Spanish number plate
    How much to change number plate to Spanish and how do you go about it
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 17, 2009, 09:13 AM

Are you talking about a license plate for a vehicle? Where do you live and what are you changing it from, English?

Mar 17, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Thanks for your response I hope to move to Spain a place called Casteldeferro. I have 2 dogs so I need to take my car. I have spoken to a friend in the villiage who tells me that they are getting strict with English plates and charge you 200euros to trash your car. He didn`t know how to change the plates but pointed out that it would be difficult if you had an accident in Spain as you can`t insure an English registered car there and the English insurance will only cover for a holiday type of period.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 17, 2009, 10:12 AM

Where do you live now? If you are moving there why not register and insure it there?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2009, 10:29 AM

Do you mean Castell de Ferro, Spain, not far from Gibraltar? Beautiful area!

Mar 18, 2009, 02:28 AM
    In Answer to the question where is the castel de ferro I have a house in It is between Malaga and Almeria on the coast and also a direct line down from Granada. The other answer to the question why don`t I register the car when I get there. I have already gained a little knowledge from surfing the net and I know you get charged a 12% import tax also they measure it (I don`t know why) before MOT or in Spain ITV. What I don`t know is where you go to do this, and the total cost. I need to weigh up which is the cheaper option. Trashing the car there and paying 200euros for the privilege and buying a Spanish car. Or changing the number plates over.
    laylablann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 01:10 AM
    Don't listen to the bar-room lawyers. Of course you can get insurance for a english registered car in spain, there are plenty of companies offering insurance
    deadflat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 11:28 PM
    Yes you can get insurance on a english reg car and I changed to spanish plates 4year ago and was charged approx 1000euro,yes he did measure the car and I also had to change the headlights
    Ukhozi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 11:00 AM
    All EU reg cars MUST be road legal in the country of registration to be used in Spain including MoT and UK insurance, Spanish insurance or ITV on a UK car is NOT valide nor is there a six month change over period any more.
    diane dalley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 08:24 AM
    We want to take a spanish number plate right hand drive car to england how much does it cost to put back to english plates
    diane dalley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amricca View Post
    Are you talking about a license plate for a vehicle? Where do you live and what are you changing it from, English?
    We live in spain at the moment but going back to uk to live the car we are thinking of buying is an english car on spanish number plates does it cost you to change back to english number plates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to pay for Spanish-dubbed movies with Spanish subtitles in rewindable format [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn Spanish but I have a language handicap. I need Spanish-dubbed movies with IDENTICAL and SIMULTANEOUS Spanish subtitles, so I can listen and read at the same time. (Spanish subtitles often use a different translation with completely different words than the dialogue. Also,...

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

I need a licenese plate number for a white taho? [ 2 Answers ]

Plate number-10D RR7

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

View more questions Search