Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph1375 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Probabilty math
    Consibeder the set of cards in a standard 52-card deck. Let S be the set of all spades, let D be the set of all diamonds, and let H be the set of all honor cards (10,J, Q, K, A are honor cards). Recall the A with a line on the top of it is the complements of the set A. Describe the following sets in words, such as " the set of all spades that are not honor cards", and count the number of elements in each set:
    S upside down u H, D upsidedown u Swith a line over it, d u S, (S u D) upside down u H.
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 19, 2009, 04:07 AM
    Hello steph

Well, this is the Homework Help board.
    What have you done so far with this question?
    Just show us how you approached this question.
    You do not expect any of us to do your homework, don't you? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

Density function probabilty [ 2 Answers ]

the time failure in months X, of the light bulbs produced at two manufacturing plants A and B obey, respectively the following PDFs for A: Fx(x) = ( 1 - e(-x/5))u(x) for B: Fx(x) = ( 1 - e(-x/2))u(x) plants B produced three times as many bulbs as plant A. the bulbs indistinguishable to the eye,...

Probabilty needed answered [ 2 Answers ]

2 dice are rolled what is the probabilty at least one of them show a number greater then 4.

How to use probabilty [ 4 Answers ]

Sam rolls 3 dice one at a time and places them in a row. How many outcomes in which all three dice have different numbers are possible?

Probabilty homework on socks. [ 9 Answers ]

Allright this is my question its big... please teach me how to solve it too... Sean has a drawer containing 12 black socks, 12 brown socks, 12 blue socks and 12 green socks, all loose and not properly paired. Sean takes socks out of the drawer at random without replacements in the dark. How...

View more questions Search