Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darkness1924 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Heir Property
    Please advise how heir property works, as my aunt has pasted and I've been informed that my grandparents on is heir property to each of my grandparents daughters(3) and my last aunt has deceased and I understand the oldest child of each daughter is the heir to this property in Tennessee. Please advise
    darkness1924
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 11:27 AM

I have no idea what you mean by "heir" property.

If you are talking about who inherits, it's not just the oldest child. It would be all children equally - or all classes, for example, all cousins - if that is the case.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2009, 11:55 AM

Yes, I am sure since you know what you are saying, this made sense but I read this several times you are talking about aunt and then grand children

1. who died
    2. is there a will,
    3, if no will who are the nearest living relitivies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the rights of a disinherited spouse and heir? [ 5 Answers ]

My father gave his wife's niece (my stepmother's niece) power of attorney several years ago to handle financial affairs. I believe he did not understand what he was doing at the time. Days before my stepmother died, her niece signed the house into sole ownership for my stepmother and then my...

Debt owed to an estate by an heir [ 3 Answers ]

There are 4 heirs. One owes $24,000 to the estate. Are they entitled to 25% of that? They think they now only owe $18,000.

Transfer Ownership of Inherited Property to Another Heir [ 1 Answers ]

My mother died without a will and left her home to us, her 5 daughters. She wanted the home to be sold and the money divided between us, but one sister wants to buy the house herself. What form must we fill out to completely transfer our ownership of the house to the 5th sister? I mean,...

Primary Beneficiary vs. Direct Heir? [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently discovered that I am the exector of my Aunts estate as well as the primary beneficiary with right of surviourship on all her accounts. Yet in her will it states that her assets are to be split 4 ways between myself and my three brothers. If I'm the primary beneficiary do I still...

Rights of a heir [ 1 Answers ]

I am listed as a heir in my aunts estate. I have asked the lawyer who is handling the estate to send me an accounting of the money. He has not returned my calls. What right do I have? He promised me one year ago the money was ready to be dispersed.

View more questions Search