Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Click here:

HowStuffWorks "Generators"
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 23, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Hello rpieda

An electromotor is a magnet or an electromagnet moving in an electromagnetic field.

If you turn that around and turn a magnet or a magnetic field inside a coil or set of coils, the coil produces electricity. That system is basically called a generator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect a power generator to the circuit breaker [ 1 Answers ]

How to connect the power generator to the circuit breaker

Run a Lennox Furnace on Generator power [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All, Can I run my newer (2004) NG Lennox Furnace on the Generator? Sorry I don't have the model # but I am sure it is a "Builders Special" Or should I just use that circuit for General Lights on my Transfer Switch? Thank You in Advance!!

Generator power transfer switch [ 1 Answers ]

Our power goes off on a frequent basis. If it is off more than 8 hr I need to power up with my own generator 8kw, to prevent spoilage and to run the well. My question is do you have to disconnect the neutral also and run the neutral to the generator or can the neutral be common to both power...

What to look for when purchasing a power generator [ 7 Answers ]

I'm building a emergency home kit and will be purchasing a portable generator for this kit. I'm looking at a 2.4 hp 1000 watt max/960 rated generator, I'm not sure if a 120v, 8 amp ac receptacle can run anything larger than a handtool. Is there some kind of listing of what can be operated and how...

Generator power output cuts in and out [ 1 Answers ]

Bought a Coleman Generator a few months ago and I have it connected to an inverter. The inverter is connected also to 16 "deep cycle" batteries and usually powers the house from solar panels. Everything has been working terrific until last night when the generator began cutting in and out. It...

View more questions Search