Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MountainManny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Generator power output cuts in and out
    Bought a Coleman Generator a few months ago and I have it connected to an inverter. The inverter is connected also to 16 "deep cycle" batteries and usually powers the house from solar panels.

Everything has been working terrific until last night when the generator began cutting in and out. It will send power to the inverter for a few minutes and then cut out for a few minutes and then resume again. It used to have a steady output until the batteries were fully charged at about 29 volts and then the inverter would switch to "float" mode. Now it does not approach that.

What would be the cause of this and how can it be fixed.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

MountainManny.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Could be a rectifier, or relay for starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use inverter to increase power output of a generator [ 7 Answers ]

Hello does anyone know if it is practical or even possible to amplify the power of a small generator using a large watt inverter? Say you have a 2 or 3 HP 1000 watt generator and you hook it up to a 5000 watt inverter. What kind of power will you be NOW able to generate? Doesn't the horse power of...

Generator is giving no output [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help with my 2.5 kw diesel generator I started it up and it run it all day no problems then it cut the engine out and I tried starting it again and I would not start so I switched the 240v switch to 110v switch and then it started and run fine but when I switched...

Most output from generator [ 6 Answers ]

I plan on buying a portable generator to hook up my house for emergency power, going to instal a manual transfer switch. I was wondering most generators have numerous outlets on them do I have to rewire the panel on the generator to get max output or does the 240 receptacle put out the max, I plan...

View more questions Search