Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elaine martin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Remote Problem
    Our 2 Hampton Ceiling Fans and their remotes have worked well for 4 years. Recently, the lights started coming on during the night. They would cut off using the wall switch and not come back on. If cut off with the remote, they sometimes came back on. The fan blades began moving slower and slower until they hardly move at all now. Can you please tell me what to do? We have checked the batteries.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 04:17 PM
    It sounds like some other RF device in your area is on the same frequency as the fans. Change the dip switches in both fans and remotes and see if that helps.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    ajd1960 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Can any series of dip switch settings be used as long as they both match on the remote and the transmitter?

Thanks,
    Sandi

Quote Originally Posted by ceilingfanrepair
    It sounds like some other RF device in your area is on the same frequency as the fans. Change the dip switches in both fans and remotes and see if that helps.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2006, 11:06 AM
    Yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Fan Light/Fan Remote Problem [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, we have a Hampton Bay fan and my son dropped the remote and it stopped working. I changed the batteries and that didn't work. Now I asked someone at Home Depot what I needed to do. They instructed me to buy a new remote kit... I did however it came with a little grey box with 3 cords...

Fan remote problem [ 14 Answers ]

About 12 years ago, I bought remotes for two of my fans. They died about 6 months ago, about a month apart. A couple of days ago, I bought a Hampton Bay 191-691 remote control system. My original remotes are no longer manufactured. It is simple. Black and white going into the remote and black...

Problem with ceiling fan or the remote? [ 15 Answers ]

I have read everything I can find regarding problems with ceiling fans but haven't found an answer to my question. My ceiling fan which I bought 1 1/2 years ago quit working entirely. Unfortunately, I can't find the manual (or the receipt). How do I know whether it's a problem with the remote or...

Hampton ceiling fan remote problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton ceiling fan that is appox. 5 yrs old. The remote seems not to work. I have to flip the power switch on the wall and hold down a button on the remote to make the fan or lights go on. I tried changing the battery and that doesn't work. I then changed the switch on the wall and that...

View more questions Search