Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yd3626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 08:06 AM
    Part time or full time New York resident taxes
    My husband in the was USARMY stationed at West Point, New York up until the end of August of 2008 therefore he was not a New York resident. We moved to Highland Falls, New York September 15,2008. Do we file a part time New York resident form? He was only a New York resident from September 15, 2008 till December 31, 2008. Thanks! GH
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Yes, you file part year resident in both New York and the home resident state.

BTW - Sounds like your husband landed a great duty station. When I was a puppy, I used to do Ma Bell (NY Telephone) company phone work up there.
    mango48 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 08:57 AM

If I live in NC half time and work out of the country the other half, do I have to pay state income tax?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 09:03 AM

Please open a new thread for your question, do not piggyback onto an existing question.

Thank you - Don
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 10:08 AM
    Mango:

Yes, you file as a part-year resident and pay taxes on money earned while in NC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

Full or part time resident of New York City? [ 2 Answers ]

I have maintained (and continue to maintain) my permanent residence in New Jersey for the last twenty years. I rented an apartment in New York City in April 2006. I work the great majority of my time in NYC. I stayed over night in New York City approximately 90 times in 2006. Am I a resident...

Am I A Part-Time New York City Resident? [ 9 Answers ]

My husband and I own a house outside of New York City (in NY State) and are contemplating purchasing an apartment in Manhattan to make our commute easier. We would live in it 3-4 days/week and spend the rest of the time at our country house. We both work in Manhattan. Our primary residence is...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

View more questions Search