Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenny128 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 05:53 AM
    I love him but he treats me bad
    I've been with the same guy for almost 9 yrs now I work full time and he is home all the time,but he tells me I'm lazy I do nothing around the house he locks me out of the computer one time he didn't let me use the phone he said he pays the bill and I have no right touse it. But see that is the only thing he pays beside car insurance he thinks I should pay it all. This has been going on for a while now this to me sounds like verbal abuse what do you think?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 05:57 AM

He sounds like a very bored individual and you happen to be the only one around to pick on. I wouldn't call it verbal abuse per se. He needs something to do outside the house and you would probably find his attitude will change.

Tick
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 06:43 AM

Do you want to sit through another 9 years of this? I wouldn't...
    MiSSsy111222 Posts: 267, Reputation: 29

Mar 6, 2009, 06:46 AM

Overall you need to decide if you can accept this behaviour. A difficult situation seen as you love him. But you don't sound happy, and everyone deserves happiness.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 10:57 AM

this has been going on for a while now this to me sounds like verbal abuse what do you think?
    I think you should have been long gone 8 years ago, but its not to late NOW!
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:00 AM
    Why is he staying home while you support him? And he treats you poorly? Get out now. Don't waste another minute on this guy.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:02 AM

When you start a question with "I love him but...." you already know the answer.

This is uncalled for.I wouldn't put up with it...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 12:15 PM

It seems like your scare to move on and would rather stay with someone that is no good for you and settling with someone just because this person is familiar to you. But guess what sometimes change is good. This guy is going continue to be this and sooner or later your going get sick of it and blow up due to his bs. Leave for your own piece of mind and let him continue on with his lazy life.
    programmer man Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 12:26 PM

If he complains, (movie title)
    He's Just Not That Into You
    unouwanit666 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 02:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    he sounds like a very bored individual and you happen to be the only one around to pick on. I wouldnt call it verbal abuse per se. He needs something to do outside the house and you would probably find his attitude will change.
    Amen to that.
    nena2003 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny128 View Post
    i've been with the same guy for almost 9 yrs now i work full time and he is home all the time,but he tells me i'm lazy i do nothing around the house he locks me out of the computer one time he didn't let me use the phone he said he pays the bill and i have no right touse it. but see that is the only thing he pays beside car insurance he thinks i should pay it all. this has been going on for a while now this to me sounds like verbal abuse what do you think?
    I can't give u an advice.I myself needs one but I may tell you that a year ago I would certainly blame you a lot for what you're doing to yourself,but now I know it isnot that easy.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenny128 View Post
    i've been with the same guy for almost 9 yrs now i work full time and he is home all the time,but he tells me i'm lazy i do nothing around the house he locks me out of the computer one time he didn't let me use the phone he said he pays the bill and i have no right touse it. but see that is the only thing he pays beside car insurance he thinks i should pay it all. this has been going on for a while now this to me sounds like verbal abuse what do you think?
    I think you already know what you need to do. Maybe you're here hoping someone here will validate your decision to stay with this clown. Sure, relationships can be tough and require a lot of work to keep them going but if the negatives outweigh the positives, move on. Sometimes it's hard to leave someone because you're in a comfort zone but why should you be comfortable being mistreated? Love should feel good. Move on and find someone that will appreciate you.
    iona hunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:34 AM

Warn him that you'll leave if he keeps going and see where it goes from there
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iona hunter View Post
    warn him that youll leave if he keeps going and see where it goes from there
    I disagree with this because threats don't usually work in situtations this severe. She is being verbally and emotionally abused. He obviously feels secure in the relationship because otherwise he wouldn't mistreat her. So she gives him an ultimatum and he still doesn't change?- takes us back to square one.
    nena2003 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    I think you already know what you need to do. Maybe you're here hoping someone here will validate your decision to stay with this clown. Sure, relationships can be tough and require a lot of work to keep them going but if the negatives outweigh the positives, move on. Sometimes it's hard to leave someone because you're in a comfort zone but why should you be comfortable being mistreated? Love should feel good. Move on and find someone that will appreciate you.
    I find your answer great would you help me with my question.it's under the title of I don't know what to do
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He treats me like a child. [ 5 Answers ]

My husband of 4 years treats me like a child. He acts like I'm totally incapable of doing household chores and taking care of my kids. He is a main manager for a huge retail chain and bosses people around all day and when he gets home he treats me like an employee. He will ask/tell me to do...

My boyfriend treats me different [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months. When we are alone he treats me perfectly. When we first got together he treated me like a princess all the time. Now its only when we are alone. We go out in a big group of friends usually and he just ignores me or barely speaks to me. He...

He treats me different [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am 12 and my dads first child, since then he had another child who is my half brother. Recently my dad and step mum fell out. I hardly get to see my brother. But my dad is always treating me differently to my brother in a bad way. PLEASE HELP ME TO GET MORE ATTENTION OFF HIM!! :mad: :(...

I'm 16 and my dad still treats me like I'm 6! [ 2 Answers ]

I had an argument with my dad today my mum was involved but my dad pretty much took control! I'm really upset and can't stop crying! My dad won't listen to me and doesn't realise how stressed I'm getting and how he takes his stress out on me all the time someone please help me my dad will not...

Treats me like a doormat [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Well this guy I no never reli talks to me at family things, he is reli quiet. He only ever talks on msn. He seems to have no problem talking to other girls and for some reason he's just awkward around me. He can't like me becoz he just cant. I always feel like he ignores me and avoids me ,even...

View more questions Search